Canon U.S.A. To Showcase Eyecare Lineup And A Variety Of Industry Solutions At Vision Expo East
NEW YORK, N.Y., March 14, 2013 – From workflow management to enhancing the diagnostic process, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will exhibit its line of optometric offerings during Vision Expo East, March 15 - 17, 2013 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. Canon will showcase affordable eye care solutions that can help enhance patient experiences, improve diagnostic processes, and create efficient workflows, at the Canon booth (# MS7035).
"The healthcare industry continues to evolve at a dynamic pace, and Canon recognizes the need for providers to offer high-quality eye care services while managing the costs of running an efficient office," said Tsuneo Imai, senior director and general manager, Healthcare Solutions Division, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "From retinal cameras to intuitive software, Canon offers tools and solutions that can help practitioners streamline workflows and enhance the patient experience on a daily basis."
Enhancing Patient Experience
The patient experience has become one of the most important focuses for the healthcare industry. Canon has embraced this trend, aiming to provide products and solutions that can help enhance the patient experience. From sleek and unobtrusive designs, to fast and high-quality diagnostic tools, Canon products allow eye care practitioners to afford patient comfort and convenience without compromising quality.
Supporting the Diagnostic Process
The range of capabilities provided by the latest generation of Canon Eyecare solutions has a distinct and positive impact on the diagnostic process. The company integrates its legendary EOS camera technology into its retinal cameras, giving providers the ability to examine and enlarge parts of the eye that are often difficult to explore. The proprietary high-resolution imaging capabilities, found in Canon retinal cameras, can help eye care professionals feel confident that they are making an accurate diagnosis.
Creating Efficient Workflows
Canon provides complete services for eye care solutions from input to output. Its wide range of devices are designed to work seamlessly together to help support efficient, cost-effective business processes. From retinal cameras with the legendary Canon image technology, to intuitive software solutions and high-quality output provided by the Canon PIXMA printer lineup, providers have the ability to build a seamless and productive workflow from input to output.
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with the Canon Eyecare solutions and products at Vision Expo East including:
The Canon digital retinal camera lineup helps providers easily manipulate image data.
- CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: With low-flash intensity to minimize pupil constriction, the time required for taking multiple pictures is shortened. Plus, this camera has a lightweight and compact design, using only minimal office space for added convenience.
- CR-2 PLUS Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: Delivering Red-Free and Cobalt digital filters and Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) photography, this device is useful in evaluating the vascular and nerve fiber layers.
- CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: This hybrid model provides five photography modes including Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fluorescein Angiography and FAF. Using the non-mydriatic mode, this device not only saves time and resources, it also makes the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with small pupils.
Machines that fit comfortably in small spaces and work side-by-side help streamline workflows.
- RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: This device includes a Full Auto Mode which allows professionals to automatically align, focus and acquire a reading for one eye and continue to the opposite eye to perform the same function - all with one touch of a button. This feature contributes to a comfortable, efficient screening process for the patient.
- TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer: This non-contact tonometer is compact and lightweight, making it easy to transport and install. With soft air puffs, the TX-20 tonometer easily measures Intraocular Pressure (IOP), which allows doctors to perform simple eye exams efficiently and enhances patient comfort.
- PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter: Manufactured by OPTOPOL Technology S.A., the PTS 1000 perimeter is a modern diagnostic instrument for precise and fast testing for field of vision.
Exclusive software that is electronic medical record (EMR) accessible and features DICOM1 interoperability enhances ease of use.
- imageSPECTRUM Software (Version 4.1): Compatible with the Microsoft Windows 72 operating system, imageSPECTRUM Software offers efficient management of images that can help improve workflow processes while reducing appointment times.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications retailing to digital communications of medical information.
2 Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.