Canon U.S.A. To Showcase Its Eyecare Lineup At Vision Expo East
Intuitive imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software helps increase portability of patient data
MELVILLE, N.Y., March 18, 2015 - Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase a line of diagnostic instruments in combination with intuitive software solutions at Vision Expo East, March 20-22, 2015 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York. These digital imaging and workflow management solutions on display at booth #MS7035 are designed to assist eye care specialists with their HIPAA compliance efforts.
"When my practice purchased the CR-2 camera with imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software, our main concern was how to transfer photos from our previous system to the new Canon camera while remaining HIPAA compliant. But thanks to Canon, both goals were met successfully and our photos transferred seamlessly and were available in the same day," said Dr. Stephen Kowalsky, OD of Sparta, New Jersey. "Now we are able to compare photos from eight years ago with photos taken today, on the same screen and side by side to provide a comprehensive diagnosis for our patients."
Canon imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0)1 is a highly efficient and scalable ophthalmic image management system designed to instantly capture, store, query and display all patient studies from a single database- whether in the exam room next door or across the country. The system is fully DICOM®2-compliant for increased interoperability, communicates well with most EMR systems, and can safely connect to most new and old third-party legacy instruments across a network. Additionally, imageSPECTRUM software is an excellent communication tool and EMR complement for today's Meaningful Use, HIPAA regulated, and Coordinated Care team environment.
When used in conjunction with the imageSPECTRUM software, the CR-2 PLUS AF provides clinical efficiency with the addition of advanced software modules such as RGB channel separation, side-by-side Color/FAF comparison, Stereo Image, Emboss, AutoMosaic and Advanced Tools. "My new Canon CR-2 digital camera provides top quality photo resolution with the imageSPECTRUM software," said Anthony J. Mancuso, OD of Blairsville, Pennsylvania. "It integrated easily and seamlessly with my EHR, improving workflow efficiency and significantly increasing my productivity."
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with additional Eyecare solutions from Canon at Vision Expo East, including:
- CR-2 PLUS AF Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: With the press of a button, users can switch between auto and manual focusing for ultimate control and ease-of-use. The Autocapture function determines the appropriate moment to capture an image by analyzing when exposure and alignment are ideal.
- CR-2 Digital Mydriatic Retinal Camera: With low flash intensity to minimize pupil constriction, the time required for taking multiple pictures is shortened. In addition, this camera has a lightweight and compact design and uses only minimal office space for added convenience.
- CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: Using the non-mydriatic mode, this device not only saves time and resources but also makes the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with smaller than 3.8 mm pupils. Plus, the hybrid design provides five photography modes including Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fluorescein Angiography and FAF.
- RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: Including a Full Auto Mode which allows professionals to automatically align, focus, and acquire a reading for one eye and continue to the opposite eye to perform the same function-all with one touch of a button. This feature contributes to a comfortable, efficient screening process for the patient.
- TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer: Designed to be compact and lightweight, the non-contact tonometer is easy to transport and install. With soft air puffs, the TX-20 tonometer easily measures Intraocular Pressure (IOP), enhancing patient comfort and allowing doctors to perform simple eye exams efficiently.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic and optometric devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2014† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2015. In 2014, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the 11th consecutive year. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All other referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Requires Windows® 7 operating system. Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
2 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications retailing to digital communications of medical information.