Join Canon for Photo Walks at the 2019 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta #LearnWithCanon.
Getting good pictures at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta can be as easy as pointing the camera and pressing the shutter release. However, to get those great images requires basic photographic techniques.
Join Canon on a sunrise or sunset photo walk at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. We will start with a short presentation on the techniques professional photographers use to get amazing images. From there, we will head out on the Balloon Fiesta grounds to apply those techniques so you return home with great images, not just snapshots.
Please meet at the Canon Tent at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
IMPORTANT: In order to enter the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta (AIBF), you will need to purchase a park ticket prior to our event. Completing the registration for our Photo Walk will not grant you access to the AIBF. Tickets and more information can be found on AIBF's website - http://www.balloonfiesta.com/guest-guide/park-ride
People travel in from all over the world to witness and partake in the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. The festival is the largest hot air balloon festival in the world, launching over 500 balloons. This dynamic environment provides a unique opportunity to cultivate a variety of photographic skills:
- Sandia Peak to capture the sprawling view of Albuquerque and beyond
- Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta to capture the magnificent balloons as they take to the skies
- Sunrise and Sunset ascensions, balloon glows, and fireworks
Canon Full Frame Cameras
- EOS-1DX Mark II, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 6D Mark II
Canon Full Frame Mirrorless System
- EOS R, EOS RP
- RF 28-70mm F2 L USM, RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM, RF 50mm F1.2 L USM, RF 35mm F1.8 Macro IS STM, EF-EOS R Mount Adapter
Canon L Series Lenses
- EF 16–35mm f/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II USM
- Using compositional guidelines to improve your picture
- Getting the correct exposure for nighttime shots
- How to use live view for nighttime photography
- Camera settings to make nighttime photography easier
Dates / Links: Morning walks are 6:00am – 8:00am
and the evening walks are 6:00pm – 8:00pm