Canon Live Learning Terms of Sale
Last Updated: June 13, 2019
1. Pricing & Taxes
All prices are listed in U.S. dollars. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice and errors will be corrected when discovered. Prior to submitting your payment information, you will have the opportunity to review pricing and sales tax. Applicable sales and use tax is charged on all orders, except for orders from Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, and certain local jurisdictions in Alaska that have adopted a local sales and use tax as permitted under Alaska law. If you feel that you may be entitled to a sales and use tax exemption because you are exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the U. S. Internal Revenue Code, or are otherwise exempt from state and local sales and use taxes, please call our Customer Support team toll-free at 1-800-385-2155 so that you can provide the applicable sales and use tax exemption certificate.
2. Acceptable Methods of Payment
Canon accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. You must use a U.S. credit/debit card with a U.S. billing address.
3. No Resale
Canon may, at its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, limit order quantities, including but not limited to, quantities for each individual order and/or each delivery address or billing address. Workshop purchases are intended for end user purchasers only and orders known or suspected to be placed by dealers, distributors or other resellers will be rejected or canceled. By submitting an order, you agree that you are not purchasing workshops for resale.
4. Order Placement Confirmation and Cancellation
If for any reason we are unable to process your payment, Canon reserves the right to cancel your order.
Confirmation e-mails are sent to the e-mail address you used to place your order. Canon assumes no responsibility for issues resulting from such declines, cancellations, or e-mail notification failure.
5. Canon Live Learning Workshop Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation by Registrant:
- Requests for cancellation of a Canon Live Learning workshop must be made in writing and must be emailed to CanonLiveLearning@cusa.canon.com. Cancellation is completed when registrant receives a confirmation email from Canon.
- For paid workshops above the $49.99 price point, a registrant must cancel at least 45 days before the workshop start date to be eligible for a refund.
- If properly cancelled at least 45 days before the workshop start date, registrant will receive a refund of the fees paid for the workshop less a nonrefundable processing fee of 3.0% of the cost of the workshop.
- If a registrant cancels less than 45 days before the workshop start date, the registrant will not be entitled to a refund.
- For paid workshops at or below the $49.99 price point, a registrant must cancel at least 48 hours before the workshop start date to be eligible for a refund.
- If properly cancelled at least 48 hours before the workshop start date, registrant will receive a refund of the fees paid for the workshop less a nonrefundable processing fee of 3.0% of the cost of the workshop.
- If a registrant cancels less than 48 hours before the workshop start date, the registrant will not be entitled to a refund.
- For a paid One-on-One Session, a registrant must cancel at least 48 hours before the session start date to be eligible for a refund.
- If properly cancelled at least 48 hours before the session start date, registrant will receive a refund of the fees paid for the session less a nonrefundable processing fee of 3.0% of the cost of the session.
- If a registrant cancels less than 48 hours before the session start date, the registrant will not be entitled to a refund.
- Arriving late to a workshop, leaving a workshop in progress, or no-shows, for any reason, will not result in a refund for any unused portion of a workshop.
Cancellation by Canon:
- Canon reserves the right to cancel a workshop for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. Reasons may include but not be limited to severe weather conditions, minimum attendee limits, or concerns for the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff.
- If a workshop is canceled by Canon prior to the workshop start date, registrants will receive a full refund of any registration fees paid for such workshop.
- If Canon cancels a workshop in progress, registrants will be entitled to a prorated refund based on the number of days not completed.
6. No Travel Reimbursement
Under no circumstances will canon be responsible for any travel related fees and expenses, even if Canon cancels the workshop or participant does not attend the workshop. Purchase of travel insurance is strongly encouraged.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
Canon makes no and specifically disclaims all warranties whatsoever with respect to the workshops, including without limitation, the workshop content, any results, the materials provided at the workshops, or that any particular topics will be included in the event curriculum. In no event shall canon be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, consequential or incidental damages, losses, or expenses of any kind resulting from any workshop, workshop materials, and/or the purchase of workshop, however caused, or for any reason whatsoever, even if Canon has been advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. Certain states may not allow the limitation of implied warranties or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Canon is not responsible for technical, editorial, typographical or photographical errors.
9. Usage by Minors
Canon requires that all workshop purchases be made either (i) by individuals who are not minors and who can legally enter into binding contracts (typically persons 18 years of age or older, depending on where you live), or (ii) by minors with the permission of a parent or guardian to purchase the workshop on the registration website.
Canon reserves the right at any time and without prior notice to change Canon’s policies and these Terms of Sale.