CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
100mm to 400mm Optical Zoom
Moments come and go and sometimes you only have seconds to catch them. With the one-touch switchable function on the PowerShot ZOOM, you can see at 100mm with the optical zoom, or quickly stretch the view to 400mm optical with the touch of a button.
800mm Digital ZoomWhen the optical zoom just isn't enough, the PowerShot ZOOM allows you to instantly extend another 400mm - for an approx. 800mm digital zoom. See and capture things you thought were out of reach without moving an inch, from sports, to wildlife, concerts and so much more.
Auto Focus with Face Tracking when Viewing through the Electronic Viewfinder
The PowerShot ZOOM compact telephoto monocular features fast autofocus that helps you view and capture the moment clearly. The additional Face Tracking feature helps detect and track faces when looking through the electronic viewfinder so you can lock onto a subject and keep them in focus for the duration of your attention, even when there's fast-moving action like at a sporting event.
Optical Image Stabilization for Shake Correction
The PowerShot ZOOM's Optical Image Stabilization technology helps ensure that the view through the Electronic Viewfinder is clear and steady. The Powered IS helps even subtle shake such as when the user breathes to be corrected, while Dual Sensing IS corrects stronger shake - ideal for long viewing times and when following moving subjects.
Weighing approx. 0.31 lbs. / 145g while being impressively compact and comfortable to use, the PowerShot ZOOM is ideal to take almost anywhere. Whether hiking, traveling, at a soccer game or wherever you go, it's convenient to carry, easy to use, and fits perfectly in your pocket, backpack or purse, meaning you can leave those heavier binoculars behind.
0.39-inch 2.3M dot, 59.94fps EVF
The Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) is a 0.39-inch OLED-based display featuring approximately 2.36 million dots so you get a clear, vivid scene to enjoy whether viewing, taking pictures or recording video.
12 Megapixel CMOS Sensor
Besides being a great resource for viewing as a monocular, the PowerShot ZOOM features a 12 Megapixel CMOS sensor so you can capture photos and videos, too. See a moment worth preserving forever or that you want to revisit? Just grip, look and shoot with either the Photo or REC button.
Full HD 1080 30p Video and up to 12 Megapixels Still Image Recording
The PowerShot ZOOM gives you a variety of ways to enjoy the game, the sights, and the moments. Besides viewing from a distance and following along, you can capture up to 12 MP still images or record video in Full HD at approx. 30 frames per second with just the touch of a button. The choice is up to you.
Connect the PowerShot ZOOM to your compatible mobile device using Canon's free Camera Connect app. Once paired, you can use your mobile device for LiveView to see what's seen through the monocular's viewfinder, easily transfer images and videos from the PowerShot ZOOM to your device, and remotely control the PowerShot ZOOM to take pictures using your smartphone, which is especially useful for self-portraits and group shots.
Built-in Wi-Fi®* and Bluetooth®** Technology
Staying connected gives you a variety of options with the PowerShot ZOOM. With built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®, you can use your phone's screen for Live View so you can frame and capture your shot, transfer your content from the microSD card to your device to view and share anytime, and shoot remotely using your compatible smartphone.
Built-in Microphone, USB C Terminal, and SD Card Slot
Built-in MicrophoneThe PowerShot ZOOM camera features a built-in stereo microphone to help capture audio when recording video so you not only get the sights, but the sounds, as well.
USB C TerminalThe USB-C digital terminal allows you to fully charge and re-charge the built-in battery so no external or additional batteries are required to operate the PowerShot ZOOM.
microSD Card SlotTaking advantage of its compact, pocket-sized body, the PowerShot ZOOM features a microSD memory card slot. This allows you to store any images and videos you take and provides another convenient option to easily transfer them to your compatible device to view and share anytime with friends or family.
Convenient ChargingThe PowerShot ZOOM can be conveniently charged when the power is turned off in two ways: (1) by combining the included Interface Cable IFC-100U with a USB-C power adapter (5V 1.5A or higher, sold separately) and plugging into a standard home outlet; or (2) by connecting the PowerShot ZOOM to a laptop/PC/mobile battery with a USB-C port (5V 1.5A or higher, sold separately) using the included Interface cable. Please note: USB-A cables are not compatible.
Monocular telephoto compact digital camera
CMOS sensor, 1/3-inch type^ (sensor aspect ratio: 4:3)
^ The center portion of a 1/2.3-inch type CMOS sensor is used.
Effective Pixels: 12.1 Megapixels
Total Pixels: Approx. 12.1 Megapixels
* Rounded to the nearest 100,000.
Optical 4x lens that switches between two focal lengths.
• Telephoto side: approx. 100mm – 35mm equivalent (13.8mm)
• Super-tele side: approx. 400mm – 35mm equivalent (55.5mm)
• Digital Zoom: approx. 800mm – 35mm equivalent (2x digital)
* Focal length can be checked through the viewfinder.
11 elements in 8 groups
* Aspherical lens, extra-low dispersion lens not included
* Front lens surface has a cover glass (Not included in the lens construction)
Enables approx. 2x magnification
• Switches among focal lengths in the following order, as controlled with the (ZOOM) button:
• Equivalent to approx. 100mm (optical) -> equivalent to approx. 400mm (optical) -> equivalent to approx 800mm (digital).
|Still Photo Shooting||Movie Recording|
|Equivalent to approx. 100mm||Approx. 1.2x||Approx. 1.2x|
|Equivalent to approx. 400mm||Approx. 4.8x||Approx. 4.8x|
|Equivalent to approx. 800mm||Approx. 9.6x||Approx. 9.6x|
• Wide-angle: Approx. 3.28 ft. - Infinity / 1m - Infinity.
• Telephoto: Approx. 14.76 ft. - Infinity / 4.5m - Infinity.
* Macro functionality not provided. Measure from the tip of the lens barrel.
• Wide-angle side: f/5.6
• Telephoto side: f/6.3
* No aperture control.
• 1-point AF
* Fixed at the center of the screen for 1-point AF.
Lens shift system
* 4-axis correction (Yaw/Pitch/X/Y)
* Image stabilization cannot be deactivated.
Dual Sensing IS
Electronic Viewfinder (Approx. 2.36 million dots)
Approx. 22mm (at -1m-1 from eyepiece lens end)
Approx. -3 to +1m-1(dpf)
Approx. 1.04 million dots
Recording Media Type
microSD / microSDHC /microSDXC memory card
* SD speed class compatible.
* UHS speed class compatible.
* UHS-I compatible.
Card Access Indicator
Lamp lights up / blinks.
Read Error Warning
The error warnings are displayed in the viewfinder, and the shutter release locks.
* Logical formatting not available.
Image Recording Format
Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif. 2.31 * Supports time difference information.
Image Type / Extension
* RAW / C-RAW / HEIF shooting are not supported.
Image Quality /Recorded Pixels
|Image Quality||Recorded pixels|
|JPEG Large / Fine||12.0 megapixels (4000 x 3000)|
* Image quality adjustment not available.
* Lower image quality when equivalent to approx. 800mm, due to digital cropping.
Fixed at 4:3 and not adjustable.
Image File Size / Number of Possible Shots / Maximum Burst
|File size |
|Possible Shots |
|Maximum Burst |
* Number of shots available and maximum burst in high-speed continuous shooting driving mode.
* Number of shots available and maximum burst apply to a 64 GB card conforming to Canon testing standards.
* File size, number of possible shots, and maximum burst vary depending on shooting conditions (including subject and memory card brand).
Supported +/- 3 stops
Single Shooting, Continuous Shooting
Movie Recording Format
|Video ||H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC |
* Variable (averaged) bit rate
|Audio||MPEG-4 AAC-LC (stereo)|
Recording Size / Compression Method
Full HD: 1920x1080 / Standard (IPB)
* Movie recording size adjustment not available.
When set to NTSC: 29.97 / 23.98 fps
Movie Bit Rate
Approx. 30 Mbps
* Video only, not including audio.
Approx. 217 MB/min.
Maximum Recording Time
9 min. 59 sec.
* Movie recording is not possible during Wi-Fi connection
Total Cumulative Recording Time Available
|8 GB||Approx. 35 min.|
|32 GB ||Approx. 2 hr. 33 min.|
|128 GB||Approx. 9 hr. 38 min|
Maximum File Size
|Card||Format||Maximum File Size|
|microSD||FAT12/16||Max. 2 GB|
|microSDHC ||FAT32||Max. 4 GB|
Card Performance Requirements (movie recording)
Micro SD card with SD Speed Class 6 or higher
Color Sampling Method
YCbCr 4:2:0 (8 bit)
Full range (0-255)
Built-in stereo microphone
* External microphone IN terminal not provided.
* HDMI OUT terminal not provided.
Auto ( White balance presets not provided.)
White Balance Shift
White Balance Bracketing
• Playback in the camera's electronic viewfinder.
• Playback on a smartphone (requires Camera Connect app (Remote control from app is not available for video)).
Still photos: Images saved in Design rule for Camera File system format.
Movies: Movie files in MP4 format
* May not support playback of images from cameras other than PowerShot Zoom.
|Playback ||-Playback |
- Skip backwars (approx. 4 sec.)
- Previous frame
- Next frame
- Skip forward (approx. 4 sec.)
* slow motion, editing out first and last scenes, and volume adjustment are not available.
Shooting Information Display
Basic information display
* Display without information and detailed information display are not available.
Select and erase images / All images on card.
Print Order (DPOF)
Direct Printing (PictBridge)
Wireless connections: Not suppored
Wired Connections: Not supported
Shown in the electornic viewfinder
• Shooting settings
• Playback settings
• Wireless communication settings
• Function settings
31 languages are available.
English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukrainian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turksih, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Persian, Hewbrew, and Japanese.
* Firmware can be updated using Camera Connect (transferring firmware from Camera Connect to the camera).
For charging the built-in battery and supplying the power to the camera.
* Recognized as a USB device when connected to a computer, and images on the memory card in the PowerShot Zoom camera can be browsed and imported (transfer speed equivalent to Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)).
HDMI OUT Terminal
Time Zone Setting (World Time)
Honolulu, Anchorage, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, New York, Caracas, Newfoundland, Sao Paulo, Fernando de Noronha, Azores, London, Paris, Cairo, Moscow, Tehran, Dubai, Kabul, Karachi, Delhi, Kathmandu, Dacca, Yangon, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo/Seoul, Adelaide, Sydney, Solomon Islands, Wellington, Chatham Islands, Samoa.
Time Difference Setting
Provided (15 minute increments).
Date / Time Back-up Battery
Same as battery that powers the camera.
Charging / Powering Specifications
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
Rated Voltage: 3.6 V
Capacity: 800 mAh
|USB Type |
|Power turned On|
|Type-C||18 W (9 V / 2 A) |
power to the
|Supplying power to the camera + Charging|
|5 V / 3 A|
|5 V / 1.5 A||-|
|5 V / 0.5 A||-|
* During Wi-Fi connection, excluding remote shooting.
* To avoid overheating, shooting may stop sooner when connected to a power supply during shooting.
• Commercially available USB Type-C devices that meet the specification requirements in charging /powering section. • USB Power Adapter PD-E1 (Sold seperately).
Additional Third-Party Power Supplies*:
• Anker PowerPort Atom PD1 (Charging adapter)
• Anker PowerPort III Nano 20W
* Canon makes no representations or warranties with respect to any third party accessory or product mentioned.
Approx. 41-104°F / 5-40°C
Charging / Power Supply Display
|Accessing to the files||Green / Lit|
|Wi-Fi Connection established||Green/ Blinking|
|USB Charging||Orange / Lit|
|Viewfinder off Warning||Green / Blinking|
|Error||Green / Blinking|
|Charging Device ||Charging Time for built-in Battery|
|PD-E1||1 hr. 50 min.|
* To fully recharge a completely depleted battery (unless over-discharge; details conform to Canon testing standards).
* Charging time varies depending on remaining battery level and ambient temperature.
* For safety, charging takes longer in colder environments (41-50°F / 5-10°C).
* Charging time when connected to devices other than PD-E1 varies by device and is beyond the scope of this technical information.
Number of Shots Available
Approx. 150 shots
* Based on CIPA standards, at 73°F / 23°C
Approx. 1 hr. 10 min..
* With a fully charged battery, at room temperatue 73°F / 23°C
Approx 2 hrs.
* With a fully charged battery, at room temperatue 73°F / 23°C
Approx. 0.7 sec. * Based on CIPA testing standards.
|Feature ||Time Options|
|Auto Power Off||15 sec. / 30 sec. / 1 min. / 3 min.|
|Viewfinder Off||3 min. / Disable|
Dimensions (W x H x D)
Approx. 1.31 x 2.00 x 4.06 in. / 33.4 x 50.8 x 103.2mm
Approx. 5.12 oz. / 145g (including memory card)
Approx. 5.08 oz. / 144g (camera body only)
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you PowerShot ZOOM Compact Telephoto Monocular that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
Interface Cable IFC-100U
USB interface cable to connect to a computer or other USB device. Approx. 3.3 ft.
USB interface cable to connect to a computer or other USB device. Approx. 3.3 ft.
USB Power Adapter PD-E1
Discover the PowerShot ZOOM Compact Telephoto Monocular
See the PowerShot ZOOM compact telephoto monocular in action whether hiking, at a sporting event, at the zoo or wherever you need. This pocket-sized monocular lets you get up close with a 100mm optical, 400mm optical, and 800mm digital zoom so you can enjoy the view, offers image stabilization and autofocus with Face Tracking to keep it steady, and lets you take pics and Full HD video, too.
* Compatible with iOS® versions 12.4/13.7, Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 6.0/7.0/7.1/8.0/8.1/9.0/10. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
** Compatible with select smartphone and tablet devices (Android™ version 5.0 or later and the following iOS® devices: iPhone 4s or later, iPad 3rd gen. or later, iPod Touch 5th gen.or later) equipped with Bluetooth® version 4.1 or later and the Camera Connect App Ver. 2.7.10. This application is not guaranteed to operate on all listed devices, even if minimum requirements are met
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.