CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Canon Store: $
- The imageRUNNER 1730iF employs the powerful imageCHIP LITE system architecture, consisting of a new CPU to speed up copy, print, fax, scan, and send functions. This architecture integrates the CPU and the image processing technologies onto a single chip, allowing for highly efficient processing of multiple functions simultaneously.
- A compact MFP supporting up to legal-sized paper, it features a smart, comfortable design and that enables the system to be placed in areas with limited space. The design allows for floor mounting or table top placement for maximum flexibility.
- Using an advanced Contact Image Sensor with an energy-efficient white LED array, the imageRUNNER 1730iF delivers superior quality for copies and color scans. With a copy scanning resolution of up to 600x600 dpi and a native print resolution of 1200x1200 dpi, you benefit from the most faithful reproduction of text and images.
- A standard 100-sheet Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder makes scanning multi-page and different-sized originals quick and easy. The innovative tilting control panel ensures comfortable operation regardless of floor or table top mounting.
- With standard a 550-sheet paper cassette and a maximum paper capacity of 2,300 sheets, the imageRUNNER 1730iF enables longer runs between paper fillups, allowing offices to be more productive.
- Standard duplexing capability provides users with the ability to copy/print their documents on either one or two sides of paper, saving paper, toner, and energy. N-up printing and coping further reduces paper usage. The available compact finisher professionally staples up to 50 sheets for improve productivity in a small space.
- Documents up to 8.5" x 14" can be scanned in color or black and white at resolutions up to 600 x 600 dpi. These files then can be imported into TWAIN-compliant applications on the desktop through Canon's Color Network ScanGear software.
- In addition to Color Scanning, the standard Color Send technology gives users the ability to send their scanned documents directly to various destinations such as e-mail addresses, USB memory media, or even a particular folder on their network or computers. Includes support for PDF High Compression technology for efficient handling of color image data, and Searchable PDF technology to add OCR data to your scanned documents to make the most of them.
- When enabled, the standard User Authentication for Send Operations (ASend) function helps to secure your environment by prompting users for their credentials before accessing the Send screen. ASend also allows for send restrictions, such as Email to Self only.
- LDAP address book support allows for browsing the corporate address book for easier scan-and-send operations, while also reducing address book maintenance.
- The imageRUNNER 1730iF gives IT managers control and helps drive cost out of operations with a variety of tools including the standard Remote User Interface, support for Canon's imageWARE Enterprise Management Console application, and Canon's Generic PCL6 driver to simplify driver deployment.
- Designed with Canon's RAPID Fusing technology to significantly reduce energy consumption and improve productivity.
- Designed with Canon's RAPID Fusing System to deliver exceptional image quality with less heat and energy to operate, while also allowing fast warm-up times.
- ID Card Copy mode provides a simple way to copy both sides of an ID card onto a single page.
- The standard Super G3 fax board delivers the ability to transmit faxes at impressive speeds, without the need for a separate fax machine.
|SYSTEM TYPE||Monochrome Digital Multifunction Imaging System|
|FUNCTIONS||Standard: Copy, Print (UFR II LT, PCL, PostScript(R) 3TM Emulation), Scan, Send, Fax|
|OPERATION PANEL||5.7" QVGA Black-and-White LCD Touch-Screen|
|MEMORY||Standard: 512MB RAM
Maximum: 512MB RAM
|NETWORK INTERFACE CONNECTION||Ethernet 10/100Base-TX|
|OTHER INTERFACE||Standard: USB 2.0 (Host)x1, USB 2.0 (Device)x1|
|COPY / PRINT SPEED (BW / Letter)||Up to 32 ppm|
|PAPER SOURCES (20 lb. Bond)||Standard: 550-sheet Paper Cassettes 100-sheet Stack Bypass
Optional: Triple 550-sheet Paper Cassette Feeder Maximum: 2,300 Sheets
|OUTPUT PAPER SIZES||Cassette 1/3/4: Legal, Letter-R, Statement-R, Executive Cassette 2: Legal, Letter-R, Statement-R, Executive, Envelopes (COM10 No.10/Monarch/DL/ ISO-B5/ISO-C5)
Bypass: Legal, Letter-R, Statement-R, Executive, Envelopes (COM10 No.10/ Monarch/DL/ISO-B5/ ISO-C5), Custom Size (3-15/16" to 3-1/2" x 5-9/16" to 14-1/8" [99mm to 216mm x 140mm to 356mm])
|ACCEPTABLE PAPER WEIGHTS||Cassettes: 17 lb. Bond to 28 lb. Bond (64 to 105g/m2)
Bypass: 17 lb. Bond to 34 lb. Bond (64 to 105+g/m2)
|DUPLEXING||Paper Size: Standard Automatic Trayless Duplexing (Statement to Legal)
Paper Weight: 17 lb. Bond to 28 lb. Bond (64g/m2 to 105g/m2)
|WARM-UP TIME||From Power On: 30 Seconds or Less
From Sleep Mode: 1 Second or Less
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||120V AC, 60Hz, 10A|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Maximum: 1.5KW; Sleep Mode: 1W|
|DIMENSIONS (W X D X H)||25" x 21-1/4" x 19-3/4" (636mm x 540mm x 500mm) (with Feeder)|
|INSTALLATION SPACE (WXD)||37-1/8" x 37-3/4" (941mm x 960mm) (with no optional equipment attached)
50-1/4" x 37-3/4" (1,276mm x 960mm) (with the optional Staple Finisher-H1 attached)
|WEIGHT||Approximately 97.7 lb. (44.3kg)*|
|SCAN METHOD||Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder|
|ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS||Paper Sizes: Letter, Statement-R, and Legal
BW Originals: 13 lb. Bond to 34 lb. Bond (50 to 128g/m2)
Color Originals: 17 lb. Bond to 34 lb. Bond (64 to 128g/m2)
|SCAN SPEED (BW / COLOR; LETTER)||Simplex: 32/32 ipm (300 dpi)
Duplex: 20/20 ipm (300 dpi)
|PAPER CAPACITY (20 lb. Bond)||100 Sheets|
|FIRST-COPY-OUT-TIME (Letter)||5.0 Seconds|
|MULTIPLE COPIES||1 to 999|
|COPY EXPOSURE||Automatic or Manual (9 Levels)|
|MAGNIFICATION||25% - 400% (1% Increments)|
|PRESET REDUCTIONS||25%, 50%, 64%, 78%|
|PRESET ENLARGEMENTS||129%, 200%, 400%|
|PROCESSOR||Canon Custom Processor (Shared)|
|MEMORY||Standard: 512MB RAM
Maximum: 512MB RAM
|ENGINE RESOLUTION||1200 x 1200 dpi (Maximum)|
|PDL SUPPORT||Standard: UFR II LT
Optional: PCL 5e/6, PostScript 3 Emulation (Standard on "iF" models)
|PRINT DRIVERS SUPPORTED OS||UFR II LT, PostScript 3 Emulation: Windows® (Windows 2000/XP/ Windows Vista®/Windows 7/ Server 2003/Server 2008), Citrix Presentation Server 4.0/4.5, Citrix XenApp 5.0, XenDesktop 2.0/2.1/3.0/4.0, Macintosh® (OS X 10.6.1), SAP (PS3 Only)
PCL 5e/6: Windows (Windows 2000/XP/ Windows Vista/Windows 7/ Server 2003/Server 2008), Citrix Presentation Server 4.0/4.5, Citrix XenApp 5.0, XenDesktop 2.0/2.1/3.0/4.0, SAP
|PRINT FEATURES||Watermark, Page Border, Header/Footer, Page Layout, Two-sided Printing, Collating, Booklet Printing, Grouping, Mixed Paper Sizes/Orientations, Offsetting, Printing on Transparencies, Toner Reduction, Poster Printing, Generic PCL 6 Driver|
|NETWORK TWAIN SCAN||Standard|
|NETWORK SCAN UTILITY||Color Network ScanGear|
|COLOR SEND SPECIFICATIONS (Optional)|
|SENDING METHOD||E-Mail, I-Fax, File Server (FTP, SMB), Super G3 Fax (Standard on "iF" models, optional for Base models)|
|COLOR MODE||Color, BW|
|SCAN RESOLUTION||600 x 600, 400 x 400, 300 x 300, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100, 150 x 150, 100 x 100|
|ADDRESS BOOK CAPACITY||Max. 500 Destinations (Includes 200 One-Touch Buttons)|
|COMMUICATION PROTOCOL||File: FTP (TCP/IP), SMB (TCP/IP)
E-Mail/I-Fax: SMTP, POP3, I-Fax (Simple)
|FILE FORMAT||TIFF, JPEG, PDF, PDF (Compact), PDF (OCR), PDF (Compact + OCR)**|
|I-FAX DATA FORMAT||TIFF (MH)|
|FAX SPECIFICATIONS (Standard on "iF" models, optional for Base models)|
|NUMBER OF CONNECTION LINES||1 (Maximum)|
|MODEM SPEED||Super G3: 33.6 Kbps
G3: 14.4 Kbps
|COMPRESSIONS METHOD||MH, MR, MMR, JBIG|
|RESOLUTION||400 x 400, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100|
|SENDING / RECORDING SIZE||Legal, Letter or Statement|
|Department ID Management, User ID Management, IPv6, Restricting Features (Restricting New Addresses on Address Book, Address Book Password, Allow Fax Driver TX, Restrict Recall, Confirm Entered Fax Numbers, Restrict Sequential Broadcast, Restrict USB Interface), MAC/IP Address Filtering, SMTP Authentication, POP Authentication before SMTP, IEEE802.1x, Authentication Features for Send Operation (ASend), uniFLOW Serverless Secure Print, Secure Print***|
|ENERGY STAR® Qualified
|TONER YIELD (ESTIMATED @ 6% COVERAGE)||15,100 Copies/Cartridge|
|* Includes toner cartridges.
** The optional Color Send Searchable PDF Kit-E1 is required for Base models.
*** Will be delayed introduction.
∆ Height: 4-5/8" (116mm) + 1/8" (3mm) for rubber legs
+ Recommended for use with 2 or 3 additional Cassettes Module-Y1 due to height considerations
++ 1 additional Cassette Module-Y1 can be installed
+++ Installs on the second paper cassette
^ Optional for Base models; Standard on "iF" models
^^ Requires PCL Printer Kit-AL1
^^^ Requires the Copy Card Reader Attachment-C1 for installation
Item Code: 2787B003AB
Estimated Toner Yield: 15,100 Copies/Cartridge (Estimated @ 6% Coverage)
The imageRUNNER 1700 Series models employs the imageCHIP (Concurrent Hyper Intelligent Platform) Lite system architecture. imageCHIP Lite architecture provides concurrent processing technology (dynamic concurrent multi-functional processing) which enables faster image processing and color scanning abilities. All imageRUNNER 1700 models are equipped with the imageCHIP Lite controller with 512MB of available memory (RAM) as standard.
Yes, color scanning (pull from computer )capability is standard, via the Color Network Scan Gear tool. Color Sending (push directly from the MFP) is also standard.
Yes, imageRUNNER 1700 Series models are Energy Star qualified. Canon has incorporated a range of energy saving technologies into its products, such as QF Toner with low melting point and RAPID Fusing Technology to help save energy while improving performance. Canon's technologies achieve a low 1W of electrical use when in sleep mode, while maintaining a fast 10 second or less warm-up time. The Series also features a very low TEC (Typical Energy Consumption) value for reduced total energy use.
Yes, envelopes are supported with the optional envelope attachment, holding up to 50 envelopes. Supported envelope types are COM10 No.10, Monarch, DL, ISO-B5, ISO-C5.Envelopes can also be fed through the Stack Bypass, one at a time.
FCOT is reduced to less than 5 seconds on all imageRUNNER 1700 Series models, after warm-up.
The imageRUNNER 1700 Series models come standard with UFR II LT. Optional PCL 5e/6 and PostScript 3 emulation printing options are also available. PCL and PS are standard on "iF" models.
The Generic PCL6 Print Driver (the official name for Canon's universal print driver) will be available and will support imageRUNNER 1700 Series models as well as imageRUNNER ADVANCE and certain older models. The Generic PCL6 Print Driver reduces IT burden by allowing deployment of a single driver to support multiple device models. The PCL print option is required to use this driver.
Ideal for Healthcare, ID Card Copy is a new Copy feature that allows users to copy the front and back of an ID card onto a single page. There is a dedicated option to guide users through the simple process.
The imageRUNNER 1700 Series models support sending to USB memory Media, email, I-fax, fax*, SMB, and FTP.
Yes, all the devices come standard with USB 2.0 ports, one for Device and one for Host. The optional USB Application 3-Port Interface Kit-B1 can be added to expand the number of USB Host ports on the device from one (standard) to three, providing support for concurrent usage of USB Memory Media and USB Keyboard.
Yes, users can scan and store files directly into a USB memory media. Base models must install the optional Color Send Kit-Y1.
Yes, users can print certain files from USB memory media inserted into the device. TIFF and JPEG files can be printed.
Yes, in several ways. Secure Print from the driver to a single device is supported as standard.* The optional uniFLOW Serverless Secured Print supports secured follow-me printing for up to 5 devices and 50 PC's. Full server-based uniFLOW Secure Print is also supported with the optional uniFLOW V5.0 or later software.
Yes, this is the first MFP model that can claim to use a mercury-free LCD display under the RoHS guidelines, without requiring an exemption.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.