CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Up to 30 pages-per-minute laser output
Quick First Print provides first copy time of approximately eight seconds
Duplex Versatility - two-sided copying, printing, faxing and color scanning
Efficient energy-saving mode; approximately 3W of energy used
Up to 50-sheet DADF (Duplex Automatic Document Feeder1)
500-sheet cassette and 50-sheet multipurpose tray
Built-in Ethernet port for network printing and PC faxing
Scan and send documents through E-mail & SMB
33.6 Kbps Super G3 fax
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed3 for optimal performance
Single Cartridge System
- Auto-Duplexing - Using automatic two-sided printing and copying can save you up to 50% of your paper supply.
- 4 in 1, 2 in 1 Printing - This option allows users to place multiple pages on one page, saving up to 75% of your paper supply.
- PC Faxing - Send documents directly from your PC to a fax machine to reduce paper and print usage.
- Energy Saving Mode - When the imageCLASS D1170 enters Energy Saving Mode, it has a low power consumption of 3 watts of energy.
- On-Demand SURF Technology - On-Demand SURF (Surface Rapid Fixing) technology uses a linear ceramic heater that heats instantly for fast warm up speeds and Quick First Prints. This results in up to a 75% reduction in energy consumption compared to conventional roller-fixing systems.
- Toner Saving Mode - When the imageCLASS D1170 is switched into the toner saving mode, it allows for up to a 20% more economical toner usage.
- AIRSHELL Cartridge Packaging - AIRSHELL is packaging material for our imageCLASS toner cartridges that utilizes air cushioning. It reduces product package sizes, helps to improve shipping efficiency and reduces CO2 emissions generated during transport by approximately 23% to 49%.
- Toner Cartridge Recycling Program - Canon was the first in the printing industry to create a toner cartridge recycling program. Canon toner cartridges are 100% recovered with zero landfill waste.
- Hardware Recycling Program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of certain imageCLASS products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- Refurbishing Program - The Canon refurbishing facility manages waste stream processes for Canon products, so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for imageCLASS products, not third-party vendors.
- ENERGY STAR® - Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy as well as money. The imageCLASS D1170 automatically enters low-power mode when not in use.
- RoHS Compliant - This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product restricts the use of cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB), and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- ISO 14001 - We currently hold the largest Consolidated Certification to the ISO 14001 Standard for our Environmental Management Systems in the world with over 700 Canon companies certified to the Standard.
Energy Star qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. For more information regarding Canon Energy Star, visit www.usa.canon.com/energystar
Print Speed (up to)
Print Resolution (Up to)
1200 x 600 dpi quality
Toner Compatibility (for Laser MFP)
Maximum Duty Cycle: 20,000 pages
*Yield is based on ISO/IEC Standard
Canon UFR II LT (Host-based)
16 to 51 lb. (multipurpose tray)
Copy Resolution (up to)
1200 x 600 dpi quality
Copy Speed (up to)
First Copy Time
Reduction / Enlargement
ADF: Up to 8.5 x 14
Toner Saver Mode
2 on 1
I.D. Card Copy
Up to 9600 x 9600 dpi (interpolated)
Scan to E-mail
Scan to SMB
Output File Formats
JPEG, Hi-compression PDF, PDF, TIFF
Max. Document Size
ADF: Up to 8.5 x 14
180 coded dials
Network 10/100 Base T (Print, PC Fax)
Network Protocol: TCP/IP
Power Consumption (approx.)
3W (Energy Saver Mode)
Dimension (W x D x H)
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you imageCLASS D1170 that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
Cartridge 120 Black
Yields approx. 5,000 pages based on ISO/IEC Standard
Cartridge 120 Value Pack
Dual Full Yield Cartridge, 10,000 sheets ISO/IEC
Cassette Feeding Unit-U1
Expand your paper supply with an extra 500 sheet cassette, allowing for the ability to fit up to 1,050 sheets of paper in a variety of sizes and types.
MD VOL C eCarePAK
Silex Wireless Print Server
*Wireless option supports Silex Print and Scan functions only. Compatible with Windows Vista/Server 2003/XP/2000/NT/Me/98/95. Not MAC Compatible.
External print server that provides wireless support.
* All ppm's are based on Letter-sized output unless otherwise noted.
1. Based on 20 lb. paper.
2. Based on ITU-T #1 Chart (standard mode).
3. USB 2.0 Hi-Speed requires Windows Vista, XP, or 2000 operating systems.
4. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.