CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Fast 23 pages-per-minute laser output
Duplex versatility - two-sided copying, printing, faxing, and color scanning
33.6 Kbps Super G3 fax with up to 256 pages of reception memory1
500-sheet cassette plus 100-sheet multipurpose tray
Legal-size platen and 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder2
Single Cartridge System
Scan in color up to 9600 dpi quality with 600 dpi optical resolution
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed3 for optimal performance
- Auto-Duplexing - Using automatic 2-sided printing and copying can save you up to 50% of your paper supply.
- 4 in 1, 2 in 1 Printing - This option allows users to place multiple pages on 1 page, saving up to 75% of your paper supply.
- PC Faxing - Send documents directly from your PC to a fax machine to reduce paper and print usage.
- Energy Saving Mode - When the imageCLASS MF6550 enters Energy Saving Mode, it has a low power consumption of 5 watts of energy in Energy Saving Mode.
- On-Demand SURF Technology - On-Demand (Surface Rapid Fixing) technology uses a linear ceramic heater that heats instantly for fast warm up speeds and Quick First Prints. This results in up to a 75% reduction in energy consumption compared to conventional roller-fixing systems.
- Toner Saving Mode - When the imageCLASS MF6550 is switched into the toner saving mode, it allows for up to a 20% more economical toner usage.
- AIRSHELL Cartridge Packaging - AIRSHELL is packaging material for our imageCLASS toner cartridges that utilizes air cushioning. It reduces product package sizes, helps to improve shipping efficiency and reducing CO2 emissions generated during transport by approximately 23% to 49%.
- Toner Cartridge Recycling Program - Canon was the first in the printing industry to create a toner cartridge recycling program. Canon toner cartridges are 100% recovered with zero landfill waste.
- Hardware Recycling Program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of certain imageCLASS products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- Refurbishing Program - The Canon refurbishing facility manages waste stream processes for Canon products, so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for imageCLASS products, not third-party vendors.
- ENERGY STAR® - Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy as well as money. The imageCLASS MF6550 automatically enters low-power mode when not in use.
- RoHS Compliant - This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product restricts the use of cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB), and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- ISO 14001 - We currently hold the largest Consolidated Certification to the ISO 14001 Standard for our Environmental Management Systems in the world with over 700 Canon companies certified to the Standard.
Energy Star qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. For more information regarding Canon Energy Star, visit www.usa.canon.com/energystar
Monochrome LaserPrint Speed (up to)Up to 23 ppm (letter)Print Resolution (Up to)600 x 600 dpi; 1200 x 600 dpi quality
Canon Cartridge 106 (Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle: 15,000)
64MB (Shared)Paper Handling500-sheet cassette, 100-sheet multipurpose tray
Output Tray Capacity
100 sheets (face down)
Copy Resolution (up to)
600 x 600 dpi; 1200 x 600 dpi quality
Copy Speed (up to)
Up to 23 cpm (letter)
Laser-based Monochrome Digital Copier
50-200% in 1% increments
First Copy Time
Less than 8 seconds
17 to 20 lb. (cassette), 16 to 34 lb. (multipurpose tray)
Reduction / Enlargement
50%, 64%, 78% / 129%, 200%
Platen: Up to 8.5 x 14; ADF: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14
Duplex Copy/Bind Type: 1 to 2, 2 to 1, 2 to 2 / Book, Calendar
Color Contact Image Sensor (CIS)Max. Resolutions600 x 600 dpi (optical);
9600 x 9600 dpi (enhanced)
Max. Document Size
Platen: Up to 8.5 x 14; ADF: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14
JPEG, PDF, TIFF, BMP
Up to 33.6 Kbps
Up to 256 pages2
Up to 406 x 391 dpi
Standard, Up to 1 Hour
23 one-touch speed dials/100 coded dials
Fax Only Manual, Answering, DRPD, Fax/Tel Auto Switch
Remote RX, Polling (RX only), Delayed TX, Dual Access
Duplex Fax: Yes (transmission/reception)
PC Fax: Yes (sending only)
Windows® 98, Me, 2000, XP, and Mac® OS X 10.2.8 & up (print and PC faxing only)
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed3
Canon drivers for Windows®, ScanSoft® OmniPage® SE (OCR), NewSoft® Presto! PageManager
Power Consumption (approx.)
780W (Max), 5W (Energy Saver Mode)
Dimension (W x D x H)
20.5(W) x 17.3(D) x 17.8(H)
52.3 lbs./50.1 lbs.
3 year limited warranty with 1st year on-site service41Based on 20 lb. paper.
2Based on ITU-T #1 Chart (standard mode).
3USB 2.0 Hi-Speed performance requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with pre-installed USB 2.0 port.
4Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for full details.
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you imageCLASS MF6550 that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
Cartridge yields 5,000 pages based on 5% coverage. Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle: 15,000.
1. Based on ITU-T #1 Chart (standard mode).
2. Letter-size paper.
3. USB 2.0 Hi-Speed performance requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with pre-installed USB 2.0 port.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.