CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Up to 24 pages-per-minute laser output
Duplex versatility - two-sided copying, printing, faxing, and color scanning
500-sheet cassette plus, 100-sheet multipurpose tray
33.6 Kbps Super G3 fax with up to 1,000 pages of reception memory1
50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder2
Built-in Ethernet port for network printing and PC faxing
Scan in color up to 9600 dpi quality with 600 dpi optical resolution
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed for optimal performance
Single Cartridge System
- Auto-Duplexing - Using automatic 2-sided printing and copying can save you up to 50% of your paper supply.
- 4 in 1, 2 in 1 Printing - This option allows users to place multiple pages on 1 page, saving up to 75% of your paper supply.
- Energy Saving Mode - When the imageCLASS MF6590 enters Energy Saving Mode, it has a low power consumption of 5 watts of energy in Energy Saving Mode.
- On-Demand SURF Technology - On-Demand (Surface Rapid Fixing) technology uses a linear ceramic heater that heats instantly for fast warm up speeds and Quick First Prints. This results in up to a 75% reduction in energy consumption compared to conventional roller-fixing systems.
- Toner Saving Mode - When the imageCLASS MF6590 is switched into the toner saving mode, it allows for up to a 20% more economical toner usage.
- AIRSHELL Cartridge Packaging - AIRSHELL is packaging material for our imageCLASS toner cartridges that utilizes air cushioning. It reduces product package sizes, helps to improve shipping efficiency and reducing CO2 emissions generated during transport by approximately 23% to 49%.
- Toner Cartridge Recycling Program - Canon was the first in the printing industry to create a toner cartridge recycling program. Canon toner cartridges are 100% recovered with zero landfill waste.
- Hardware Recycling Program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of certain imageCLASS products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- Refurbishing Program - The Canon refurbishing facility manages waste stream processes for Canon products, so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for imageCLASS products, not third-party vendors.
- ENERGY STAR® - Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy as well as money. The imageCLASS MF6590 automatically enters low-power mode when not in use.
- RoHS Compliant - This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product restricts the use of cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB), and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- ISO 14001 - We currently hold the largest Consolidated Certification to the ISO 14001 Standard for our Environmental Management Systems in the world with over 700 Canon companies certified to the Standard.
Energy Star qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. For more information regarding Canon Energy Star, visit www.usa.canon.com/energystar
Print Speed (up to)
Print Resolution (Up to)
Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle: 15,000 pages
*yield is based on 5% coverage document
15 to 34 lb. (multipurpose tray)
Output Tray Capacity
Copy Resolution (up to)
Copy Speed (up to)
First Copy Time
Reduction / Enlargement
ADF: 5.5 x 5 to 8.5 x 14
Interpolated:9600 x 9600 dpi
Memory backup up to 1 hour
Network: Windows® 7, Server 2008, Vista, Server 2003, XP, 2000, Mac® OS X 10.2.8-10.6
Windows: Print/PC Fax/Scan
Mac: Print/PC Fax
Windows: Print/PC Fax
Mac: Print/PC Fax
Power Consumption (approx.)
Dimension (W x D x H)
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you imageCLASS MF6590 that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
Cartridge yields 5,000 pages based on 5% coverage. Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle: 15,000.
Silex Wireless Print Server
*Wireless option supports Silex Print and Scan functions only. Compatible with Windows Vista/Server 2003/XP/2000/NT/Me/98/95. Not MAC Compatible.
External print server that provides wireless support.
*Print Server supports Print, PC Fax (sending) and Scan functions only, not MAC compatible.
1. Based on ITU-T #I Chart (standard mode).
2. Based on 20 lb. paper.
3. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for full details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.