CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Canon Store: $
Five significant technologies form the underpinnings of the DIGI SUPER 100xs lens system that has been carefully designed to partner with today's highest performing HDTV cameras
Newly developed materials (including the high index ultra low dispersion material) combined with the very latest in element design innovations and multilayer coatings produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team. The HDxs logo identifies the deployment of all of these technologies in the lens.
- Power Optics - speaks to the combination of specialized materials, contemporary optical design, and multilayer coatings that produce the superb imagery
- Internal Focus - a Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to control chromatic aberrations
- Crossover Technology Option - switchable operation between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio imagery
- 4-position Turret - a switchable system controlled from the associated camera that can switch in the optical extender system or the aspect ratio converter (an additional position allows for future new possibilities)
Image Stabilization Technology
The image stabilizer feature by Canon has been faithfully used over the years at many of the world's highest-profile sporting events, and is now considered a must when shooting sports. With the XJ100x9.3B, a more advanced version of Canon's image stabilizer has been incorporated as a standard feature. With a new sensor and sped-up control circuit, this latest version of the image stabilizer significantly curbs vibration, particularly in the high-frequency range. By successfully suppressing all kinds of vibration, such as that generated by wind and excited fans in the stands, the XJ100x9.3B's image stabilizer allows the capture of stable, clear video even at super-telephoto range. It also makes camerawork a comfortable endeavor by largely mitigating the "aftershock" phenomenon that occurs when an image moves after the camera operator stops panning. The XJ100x9.3B, XJ95x and XJ80x field lenses all feature the same image stabilizer in their standard feature set, allowing them to deliver stable, beautiful images.
Second-generation precision digital servo systems using Canon-developed 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices
- Ensures high precision and repeatability of the Zoom and Focus settings
- Encoders report to the 32-bit CPU - which, in turn, calculates during the focusing actuation to tightly control a synchronized zoom counter action that eliminates focus "breathing" (undesired change of angle of view that can accompany focus changes). This Constant Angle Focusing System is identified by the CAFS logo
- 16-bit optical rotary encoder for aperture control reports to the associated camera Iris control system (10-bit compatibility)
- 16-bit encoders are available for digital interface to Robotic and Virtual studio systems
- Facilitates a wide range of customized control characteristics and automatic recall of precision control settings when used in conjunction with Canon digital controllers for Zoom and Focus
Ergonomic mechanical design that exploited Power Optic technologies to maintain the same size and weight as the predecessor HDTV field lens:
- Effective elimination of center of gravity variations with focus movement (using Canon's advanced 3 group Internal Focusing system) further empowers the creativity of the camera operator
- Carefully sealed optics offers protection against dust, smoke, and other air-contaminants
- Innovative electrical sealing techniques offers Protection against radio interference
All contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment. Lead has been removed from all optics and other identified substances from all components comprising the composite lens system.
Support for Virtual System
The XJ100x9.3B is equipped with high-performance zoom, focus, and iris encoders. With multiple support for encoder outputs, analog outputs, and serial outputs, the XJ100x9.3B can work with many kinds of virtual systems. It easily adapts to existing virtual systems because it comes standard equipped with 20-pin lens interface.The XJ100x9.3B is equipped with high-performance zoom, focus, and iris encoders. With multiple support for encoder outputs, analog outputs, and serial outputs, the XJ100x9.3B can work with many kinds of virtual systems. It easily adapts to existing virtual systems because it comes standard equipped with 20-pin lens interface.
Object Image Format
Object Image size
Focal Length Range
Focal Length Range with Extender
Angular Field of View
54.6o (H) x 32.4o (V)
0.59o (H) x 0.33o (V)
Angular Field of View with Extender
28.9o (H) x 16.5o (V)
0.3o (H) x 0.17o (V)
Maximum Relative Aperture (F-Number)
1 : 4.7 at 930mm (Ramping Characteristic)
Maximum Relative Aperture (F-Number) with Extender
1 : 9.4 at 1860mm (Ramping Characteristic)
MOD From Front of Lens
Scene Object Dimensions at MOD
2.76 cm x 1.56 cm at 930mm
Scene Object Dimensions at MOD with Extender
1.38 cm x 0.78 cm at 1860mm
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.