CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Five significant technologies converge to produce the HJ40x10B and the HJ40x14B portable HD production lens system that has been tailored to partner with today's highest performing HDTV portable cameras and camcorders:
Newly developed optical materials combined with the very latest lens element design innovations and multilayer coatings - that produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team. The e-HDxs logo identifies the deployment of these technologies in the lens.
- Power Optics - speaks to the combination of specialized materials, contemporary optical design, and multilayer coatings that produce the superb imagery
- Internal Focus - a Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Crossover Technology - switchable operation between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio imagery
Image Stabilization Technologies
A built-in Optical Shift Image Stabilizer (identified by the Shift-IS logo) system that effectively removes image stabilities especially at the telephoto extremes of the lens
New third-generation enhanced digital servo systems using Canon-developed 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices introduce entirely new value-added creativity to handheld acquisition systems
- Enhanced Digital Drive technology - encompasses a microcomputer driven servo control that embodies position memory and user-defined digital functionality to significantly empower the camera operator charged with creative shaping of the image presented to the camera sensors
- 16-bit rotary encoder for aperture control reports to the associated camera Iris control system (10-bit compatibility)
- Maximum Zoom speed is 0.5 seconds and Focus is 1.5 seconds
ergonomic mechanical design that produced this HD lens having the same size and weight as its SDTV predecessor
- Compact digital servo drive unit is mounted to the lens at a 12.5 degree angle for comfort and balance
- Magnesium alloy body for light weight and exceptional durability
Ecological DesignAll contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment. Lead has been removed from all optics and other identified substances from all components comprising the composite lens system.
Object Image Format
Object Image size
Focal Length Range
Focal Length Range with Extender
Angular Field of View
51.3o (H) x 30.2o (V)
1.4o (H) x 0.8o (V)
Angular Field of View with Extender
27.0o (H) x 15.4o (V)
0.7o (H) x 0.4o (V)
Maximum Relative Aperture (F-Number)
1 : 3.65 at 400mm (Ramping Characteristic)
Maximum Relative Aperture (F-Number) with Extender
1 : 7.3 at 800mm (Ramping Characteristic)
MOD From Front of Lens
MOD From Camera Image Plane
Scene Object Dimensions at MOD
6.2 cm x 3.5 cm at 400mm
Scene Object Dimensions at MOD with Extender
3.1 cm x 1.8 cm at 800mm
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.