CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
DIGISUPER 22 xs
Canon Store: $
The primary technologies that form the underpinnings of Canon's larger HD studio lenses have all been preserved in this new compact DIGI SUPER 22xs and they include:
Newly developed materials (including Canon's high index ultra low dispersion material) combined with the very latest in element design innovations and multilayer coatings produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team. The HDxs logo identifies the deployment of all of these technologies in the lens.
- Power Optics - speaks to the combination of specialized materials, contemporary optical design, and multilayer coatings that produce the superb imagery
- Internal Focus - a Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Crossover Technology - switchable operation between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio imagery
- 4-position Turret - a switchable system controlled from the associated camera that can switch in the optical extender system or the aspect ratio converter (an additional position allows for future new possibilities)
Second-generation precision digital servo systems using Canon-developed miniature 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices
- Ensures high precision and repeatability of the Zoom and Focus settings
- Encoders report to the 32-bit CPU - which, in turn, calculates during the focusing actuation to tightly control a synchronized zoom counter action that eliminates focus "breathing" (undesired change of angle of view that can accompany focus changes). This Constant Angle Focusing System is identified by the CAFS logo
- 16-bit optical rotary encoder for aperture control reports to the associated camera Iris control system (10-bit compatibility)
- 16-bit encoders are output on a special 20-pin connector for direct digital interface to Robotic and Virtual studio systems
- Facilitates a wide range of customized control characteristics and automatic recall of precision control settings when used in conjunction with Canon digital controllers for Zoom and Focus
a breakthrough ergonomic mechanical design that exploited Power Optic technologies to achieve an overall physical package that looks superb when mounted on any of the contemporary SDTV and HDTV portable production camera heads.
- Effective elimination of center of gravity variations with focus movement (using Canon's advanced 3 group Internal Focusing system)
- Carefully sealed optics offers protection against dust, smoke, and other air-contaminants
- Innovative electrical sealing offers protection against radio interference
All contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment. Lead has been removed from all optics and other identified substances from all components comprising the composite lens system.
Object Image Format
Object Image size
Focal Length Range
Focal Length Range with Extender
Angular Field of View
66.7o (H) x 40.6o (V)
3.4o (H) x 1.9o (V)
Angular Field of View with Extender
36.4o (H) x 21.0o (V)
1.7o (H) x 1.0o (V)
Maximum Photometric Aperture T Number
1:2.6 at 161mm (Ramping Characteristic)
Maximum Relative Aperture (F-Number)
1 : 2.6 at 161mm (Ramping Characteristic)
Maximum Relative Aperture (F-Number) with Extender
1 : 5.2 at 322mm (Ramping Characteristic)
Maximum Photometric Aperture (T-Number) with Extender
1:5.2 at 322mm (Ramping Characteristic)
MOD From Front of Lens
MOD From Camera Image Plane
Scene Object Dimensions at MOD
5.2 cm x 2.9 cm at 161mm
Scene Object Dimensions at MOD with Extender
2.6 cm x 1.5 cm at 322mm
Size Length mm mod1
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.