CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Canon Store: $
Three significant technologies form the underpinnings of the DIGI SUPER 27 lens system that has been carefully designed to partner with today's highest performing HDTV cameras:
The DIGISUPER 27 features outstanding HD optical performance that will dramatically improve HDTV studio imagery. The key optical performance features include minimized distortion, even though the wide angle has been expanded to an exceptional 6.5mm. This lens also offers significantly reduced Ghosting and Flare. Reaching this incredible optical quality is only possible because of Canon's unique optical design concept, the POWER OPTICAL SYSTEM.
- Power Optics - speaks to the combination of specialized materials, contemporary optical design, and multilayer coatings that produce the superb imagery
- Internal Focus - a Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Crossover Technology - switchable operation between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio imagery
- Wide Attachment (Optional)
- 4-Position Turret - a switchable system controlled from the associated camera that can switch in the optical extender system or the aspect ratio converter (an additional position allows for future new possibilities)
Second-generation precision digital servo systems using Canon-developed 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices.
- Ensures high precision and repeatability of the Zoom and Focus settings
- Encoders report to the 32-bit CPU - which, in turn, calculates during the focusing actuation to tightly control a synchronized zoom counter action that eliminates focus "breathing" (undesired change of angle of view that can accompany focus changes). This Constant Angle Focusing System is identified by the CAFS logo
- 16-bit optical rotary encoder for aperture control reports to the associated camera Iris control system (10-bit compatibility)
- 16-bit encoders are output on a special 20-pin connector for direct digital interface to Robotic and Virtual studio systems
- Facilitates a wide range of customized control characteristics and automatic recall of precision control settings when used in conjunction with Canon digital controllers for Zoom and Focus
Ergonomic mechanical design that exploited Power Optic technologies to maintain the same size and weight as the predecessor SDTV studio lens:
- Effective elimination of center of gravity variations with focus movement (using Canon's advanced 3 group Internal Focusing system)
- Further empowers the creativity of the camera operator
- Protection against dust, smoke, and other air-contaminants
- Protection against radio interference
Object Image Format
Focal Length Range
Focal Length Range with Extender
Angular Field of View
72.9o (H) x 45.1o (V)
3.1o (H) x 1.7o (V)
Angular Field of View with Extender
40.5o (H) x 23.5o (V)
1.5o (H) x 0.9o (V)
Maximum Relative Aperture (F-Number)
1 : 2.2 at 180mm (Ramping Characteristic)
Maximum Relative Aperture (F-Number) with Extender
1 : 4.4 at 360mm (Ramping Characteristic)
MOD From Front of Lens
Scene Object Dimensions at MOD
3.8 cm x 2.1 cm at 180mm
Scene Object Dimensions at MOD with Extender
1.9 cm x 1.1 cm at 360mm
Size Length mm mod1
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.