CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
- Compact and stylish standard zoom lens with image stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras.
- A stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos.
- High-speed, high-precision autofocusing is achieved by utilizing the full-time manual focus mode (AF+MF) to make fine adjustments after focusing.
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology helps reduce camera shake, and achieves a level of sharpness equivalent to a shutter speed 3.5 settings faster* for great performance even when using for handheld photography.
- Efficiently designed with three aspheric lenses and uses short back focus to help produce high-quality results.
- Lens retraction mechanism helps shorten the length of the lens and a compact, lightweight design allows easy portability.
- Optimized lens placement helps to minimize ghosting and flare.
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
Diagonal Angle of View
Closest Focusing Distance
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
60.9 x 44.5mm, approx. 130g
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
Lens Cap E-49
Designed for use with the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens. Fits 49mm diameter lenses.
Lens Case LP811
Canon Lens Case LP811 for the Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 lens, Life Size Converter EF, Extender EF 1.4x II or Extender EF 2x II.
Lens Dust Cap EB
Lens dust cap for EF-M lenses.
Lens Hood EW-53
Designed to prevent stray light from entering the lens, in order to keep unwanted glare from affecting your photographs. Designed for the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens.
A Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) chart measures a lens’ expected optical performance at the center of the picture area and measures repeatedly along the diagonal line, further and further toward the corners of the image. The higher a curve is shown on the chart, the better the lens is performing in the area the chart is measuring. As a curve moves from left to right, it displays the lens' results from center towards the corners.
For more information on understanding how to read Canon Lens MTF charts, please click here.
Canon EF 101: A Beginner's GuideCanon offers a wide range of EF lenses and lens accessories. In this 9 part video series you'll learn all about lens basics and the various lenses available from your host, Canon expert Jon Lorentz.
Canon EF 101: Lens BasicsTake a quick and informative first step into the world of lenses with Canon expert Jon Lorentz, providing insight into the type of lenses available, helpful tips and more.
Canon EF 101: STM LensesCanon STM lenses have stepping motors that allow you to focus quietly and follow your subject smoothly. Canon expert Jon Lorentz demonstrates the quiet smoothness of Canon's STM technology.
Canon EF 101: Lens AccessoriesCanon expert Jon Lorentz takes a look at some lens accessories including lens hoods, filters, extenders and more and how to care for them.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.