CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
- Compact, lightweight super telephoto lens that is ideal for sports and wildlife photography.
- Newly-developed gapless dual-layer diffractive optical elements deliver improved image quality with reduced flare.
- Large diameter ground aspherical lens and UD lens for even greater optical performance.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction*.
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide exceptional results for a wide range of shooting situations.
- For greater convenience, Image Stabilizer does not have to be disabled when shooting with a tripod.
- AF stop buttons on the front of the lens allow you to stop autofocusing at any point.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings deliver exceptional color balance, while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
- Power Focus mode enables smooth focus shifts essential for filmmaking.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints.
- Minimum focusing distance of 10.8 ft./3.3 m.
* According to CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards.
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
Diagonal Angle of View
Closest Focusing Distance
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
Approx. 74.1 oz. / 2100 g
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
52mm Drop-in Circular Polarizing Filter PL-C 52
52mm Drop-in Screw Filter Holder 52 (accepts standard 52mm filters)
Drop in Gelatin WII 52MM
A holder for screw-type filters, for use with rear mounted drop-in filters. Filter fits select lenses with a 52mm diameter, please see link below for compatible lenses.
Extension Tube EF 12 II
Extension Tube EF 12 II is especially suited for close-focusing with wide-angle lenses.
Extension Tube EF 25 II
25mm fully coupled Extension Tube for EOS camera and most lenses to 350mm.
FILTER DROPIN PL-C WII 52MM
Filter Drop in Screw Holder 52II
Lens Cap E-145C
Lens Case 400D
Lens Dust Cap E Rear Cap
Rear lens cap for all EF type lenses, lens extenders, and extension tubes. Used to protect the rear glass element from dust and scratches.
A Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) chart measures a lens’ expected optical performance at the center of the picture area and measures repeatedly along the diagonal line, further and further toward the corners of the image. The higher a curve is shown on the chart, the better the lens is performing in the area the chart is measuring. As a curve moves from left to right, it displays the lens' results from center towards the corners.
For more information on understanding how to read Canon Lens MTF charts, please click here.
Canon EF 101: A Beginner's GuideCanon offers a wide range of EF lenses and lens accessories. In this 9 part video series you'll learn all about lens basics and the various lenses available from your host, Canon expert Jon Lorentz.
Canon EF 101: Lens BasicsTake a quick and informative first step into the world of lenses with Canon expert Jon Lorentz, providing insight into the type of lenses available, helpful tips and more.
Canon EF 101: Telephoto LensesTelephoto lenses let you get close in on a subject. Canon expert Jon Lorentz shows you how to get the most out of your Canon telephoto lenses.
Canon EF 101: Lens AccessoriesCanon expert Jon Lorentz takes a look at some lens accessories including lens hoods, filters, extenders and more and how to care for them.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.