CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography.
- One fluorite and one super UD lens element provides excellent correction of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range, helping to deliver high-quality images with high resolution and contrast.
- Rotation-type zoom ring allows for more precise composition and excellent balance when handholding.
- Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed steps of correction*.
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide outstanding results for a wide range of shooting situations.
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, and amazing durability enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints.
- Lens hood with side window permits specialty filters to be adjusted with hood in place.
- Newly designed tripod mount can be attached or detached without removing the lens from the camera.
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.2 ft. / 0.98 m with 0.31x maximum magnification.
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
Diagonal Angle of View
Closest Focusing Distance
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
Approx. 3.46 lbs./1570g (without tripod mount)
Approx. 3.62 lbs./1640g (with tripod mount)
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
77mm Circular Polarizer PL-CB
Filter enhances picture quality by blocking harmful reflected light.
77mm Close-Up Lens 500D
Canon Close-Up Lens 500D is a double-element accessory that attaches to front of lens. It changes closest focusing distance from infinity to 500mm (approx. 19.7" from front of lens).
77mm Protect Filter
These filters can help protect your lens against dust, moisture, fingerprints, scratches and damage and can be kept on your lens at all times. Filter fits select lenses with a 77mm diameter.
Extender EF 1.4x III
Extends focal length by a factor of 1.4x Built-in microcomputer for seamless communication with camera body, lens and extender Newly-developed Fluorine coating keeps soiling, smears and fingerprints to a minimum
Extender EF 2x III
Extends focal length by a factor of 2x Built-in microcomputer for seamless communication with camera body, lens and extender Newly-developed Fluorine coating keeps soiling, smears and fingerprints to a minimum
Extension Tube EF 12 II
Extension Tube EF 12 II is especially suited for close-focusing with wide-angle lenses.
Extension Tube EF 25 II
25mm fully coupled Extension Tube for EOS camera and most lenses to 350mm.
Gelatin Filter Holder Adapter III 77
The Gelatin Filter Holder Adapter III allows the use of commercially available square filters without the need for cutting. The holder attaches to the lens through an adapter that fits the filter diameter. Use with 3-inch square type III gelatin filters. Gelatin filters can be used with most EF lenses.
Gelatin Filter Holder Adapter IV 77
The 77mm Gelatin Filter Holder Adapter IV 77 is used to attach the Gelatin Filter Holder IV to most EF lenses.
Lens Cap E-77 II
The Lens Cap E-77 II is newly designed and fits Canon EF lenses with a 77mm filter size. It helps protect the front glass from dust and scratches.
Lens Case LZ1326
Lens Dust Cap E Rear Cap
Rear lens cap for all EF type lenses, lens extenders, and extension tubes. Used to protect the rear glass element from dust and scratches.
Lens Hood ET-83D
Designed to prevent stray light from entering the lens in order to keep unwanted glare from affecting your photographs. A circular polarizing filter operation window is located on the hood, allowing operation of a circular polarizing filter.
*According to CIPA standards (400mm focal length, when using the EOS-1D X).
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.