CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
All in One functionality allows you to print, scan, copy and fax with ease.
Print at speeds of up to 24 pages per minute1, with your first print in your hands in 6 seconds or less2.
Print on-the-go with Canon PRINT Business7, Apple® AirPrint®8, Mopria™ Print Service9, and Google Cloud Print™10.
Navigate through all the features with the user-friendly, tiltable, touch LCD panel.
Paper capacity allows for 250 sheets in the standard cassette, 35 sheets in the simplex automatic document feeder and 1 sheet in the multipurpose tray6.
Low energy consumption; uses approximately 1.3 watts in wired, Energy Saver Mode.
The Quiet Mode feature helps reduce the noise in your workplace.
First Print Time
Maximum Print Size
First Copy Time
Maximum Number of Copies
Paper Handling Specifications
Standard Paper Source(s)
Connectivity and Software Specifications
Web Browser Support for Remote UI
TCP/IP Set of Application Services
Network Management Protocols
Typical Energy Consumption
Unit Weight (without/with cartridge)
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you imageCLASS MF236n that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
1-year Exchange/Carry-In (Tier 1)
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to two full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical sup
2-year Exchange/Carry-In (Tier 1)
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to three full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical s
3-year Exchange/Carry-In (Tier 1)
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to four full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical su
4-year Exchange/Carry-In (Tier 1)
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to five full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical su
Yields approx. 2,400 pages based on ISO/IEC 19752 Standard.
1. Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected, as well as on the settings for size, type and orientation of paper.
2. May vary depending on the output environment.
3. Letter size, after being restored from energy saver mode.
4. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
5. Based on ITU-T #1 Chart (standard mode).
6. Based on 20 lb. bond paper.
7. Canon PRINT Business is a free app available on the App Store® and Google Play™ Store. For more information, including compatibility, please visit https://www.usa.canon.com/mobile-app. Users of Canon Mobile Printing can simply update the app to use Canon PRINT Business. Users who have installed Canon Mobile Scanning for Business should install Canon PRINT Business on their compatible device. After Canon PRINT Business is installed, users can re-register their Canon Mobile Scanning for Business device list and local documents. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. iPhone, iPad Air, iPad, iPad mini, are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the United States and other countries and is used under license.
8. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
9. Mopria Print Service, available for free at the Google Play Store, requires a compatible Android KitKat 4.4 smartphone or tablet. The printer must be either wirelessly connected to the network router or with an Ethernet cable. The mobile device and printer must be connected to the same network.
10. Google Cloud Print requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print™ function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable are required to perform firmware update.
11. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.