CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Color imageCLASS MF9280Cdn
Canon Store: $
Print and Copy in full-color and black & white at the same speed of up to 22 pages-per-minute
Duplex Versatility - two-sided printing, copying, faxing and scanning
Superior Color Imaging - capture finer details when you print or copy with remarkable tone-on-tone clarity where your image will be true to the original
Password-protected Department ID Management helps to control device usage
3.5-inch color panel with Easy-Scroll Wheel
Efficient energy saving mode; approximately 1W of energy used8
LDAP Address Book facilitates quick and easy scanning and sending1
Built-in Ethernet port for network printing, PC faxing and scanning2
Two USB ports for scanning direct
Achieve higher document control and quality with PostScript 3 Emulation and PCL 5c/6 capabilities
- Auto-Duplexing - Using automatic 2-sided printing and copying can save you up to 50% of your paper supply.
- 4 in 1, 2 in 1 Printing - This option allows users to place multiple pages on 1 page, saving up to 75% of your paper supply.
- PC Faxing - Send documents directly from your PC to a fax machine to reduce paper and print usage.
- Energy Saving Mode - When the imageCLASS MF9280Cdn enters Energy Saving Mode, it has a low power consumption of 1 watt of energy in Energy Saving Mode.
- On-Demand SURF Technology - On-Demand (Surface Rapid Fixing) technology uses a linear ceramic heater that heats instantly for fast warm up speeds and Quick First Prints. This results in up to a 75% reduction in energy consumption compared to conventional roller-fixing systems.
- Toner Saving Mode - When the imageCLASS MF9280Cdn is switched into the toner saving mode, it allows for up to a 20% more economical toner usage.
- AIRSHELL Cartridge Packaging - AIRSHELL is packaging material for our imageCLASS toner cartridges that utilizes air cushioning. It reduces product package sizes, helps to improve shipping efficiency and reducing CO2 emissions generated during transport by approximately 23% to 49%.
- Toner Cartridge Recycling Program - Canon was the first in the printing industry to create a toner cartridge recycling program. Canon toner cartridges are 100% recovered with zero landfill waste.
- Hardware Recycling Program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of certain imageCLASS products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- ENERGY STAR® - Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy as well as money. The imageCLASS MF9280Cdn automatically enters low-power mode when not in use.
- RoHS Compliant - This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product restricts the use of cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB), and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- ISO 14001 - We currently hold the largest Consolidated Certification to the ISO 14001 Standard for our Environmental Management Systems in the world with over 700 Canon companies certified to the Standard.
Energy Star qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. For more information regarding Canon Energy Star, visit www.usa.canon.com/energystar
Print Speed (up to)
Black:Up to 22 ppm color (letter)
Print Resolution (Up to)
Toner Compatibility (for Laser MFP)
CRG yield* (6,000)
Based on 5% coverage document
UFR II LT (Host-based), PCL 5c/6, PS 3 Emulation
Poster, N on 1 (up to 16 on 1), Scaling
Copy Resolution (up to)
Copy Speed (up to)
No. of Copies
First Copy Time
16 to 47 lb. bond (multipurpose tray)
Reduction / Enlargement
ADF: Up to Legal
Max. Document Size
ADF: Up to 8.5 x 14
Transmission Speed (approx.)
100 address book dials
Fax/I-Fax -> Fax, I-Fax, Email, SMB, FTP
Up to 332 destinations
Media Card Support
Compact Flash, Micro Drive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo (adaptor required), Memory Stick Pro, SD Memory Card, MiniSD Memory Card (adaptor required), USB memory (x2)
Print, PC Fax
Print, PC Fax, Scan, Send4
Power Consumption (approx.)
1W (Energy Saver Mode)
Dimension (W x D x H)
85 lbs. without cartridge
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you Color imageCLASS MF9280Cdn that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
1-year On-Site eCarePAK
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to two full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical support and includes Canon's superb on-site repair program. Protect against unforeseen repair costs, excessive downtime, and enjoy peace of mind for years to come knowing your new equipment is fully covered.
2-year On-Site eCarePAK
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to three full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical support and includes Canon's superb on-site repair program. Protect against unforeseen repair costs, excessive downtime, and enjoy peace of mind for years to come knowing your new equipment is fully covered.
3-year On-Site eCarePAK
Canon eCarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to four full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. eCarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical support and includes Canon's superb on-site repair program. Protect against unforeseen repair costs, excessive downtime, and enjoy peace of mind for years to come knowing your new equipment is fully covered.
CST. FEEDING UNIT-AC1
Cartridge 111 Toner Black
Cartridge 111 Toner Cyan
CRG 111 Toner Cyan
Cartridge 111 Toner Magenta
Cartridge 111 Toner Yellow
1. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
2. Based on ITU-T #1 Chart (standard mode).
3. Based on 20 lb. bond paper.
4. Network scanning is via Windows OS only.
5. Mac OS X supports print, PC Fax & Send functions only.
6. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for details.
7. Standalone mode only. Networked model consumes 17W in Energy Saver Mode.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.