CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
High Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi3 produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
FINE: Features Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl.
4 Color Cartridge System: Integrates the FINE print head and ink into one compact unit for easy replacement.
Borderless Photos Fast: Print a beautiful, borderless 4" x 6" photo in approximately 46 seconds.5,12
Print Documents and Web Pages Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 9.7 images per minute (ipm) for black and 5.5 images per minute (ipm) for color.4
Fully-Integrated, 30-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time.
My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Special Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!7
Fast Front: Quickly change ink or add paper at the front of the printer.
CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM: An exclusive service for users of genuine Canon inks, offering access to photos, templates and more.8
Quiet Mode: This considerate feature lets you print anytime without worrying about disturbing those around you.
Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves it with the suitable settings.9
Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.10
Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY: The Canon PRINT app lets you print and scan photos or documents from your mobile device using the free Canon PRINT app.11
AirPrint: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® - no drivers needed!1
Google Cloud Print™: Allows users to print from Gmail™ and Google Docs™ on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome™ browser for Mac®, Windows®, Linux®, and Chrome™ devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.2
Super G3 Fax: The high speed business fax14 standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 19 coded speed dials and memory for up to 50 incoming pages.16
Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Print Speed (up to)
Print Speed (Approx)
Color:ESAT: Approx. 5.5 ipm4,5
Number of Nozzles
Picoliter Size (color)
Print Resolution (Up to)
Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi3
PG-240XL XL Black Ink Cartridge
PG-240 Black Ink Cartridge
CL-241XL XL Color Ink Cartridge
CL-241 Color Ink Cartridge
Automatic Sheet Feeder
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster;
Matte: Matte Photo Paper;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
Copy Speed (up to)
Reduction / Enlargement
Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi
ADF: 600 x 600 dpi (Optical)
Max. Document Size
ADF: 8.5 x 14
Transmission Speed (approx.)
Color: Approx. 1 min per page15
Windows® 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7,17
Windows 7 SP1, Window Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit17
Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.917Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android,
Dimension (W x D x H)
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you PIXMA MX472 that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
AIO Printer: CarePAK PLUS (2YR)
CarePAK PLUS offers protection from accidental damage such as drops, spills, power surges, and more, including normal wear and tear, beyond the standard warranty period. It also includes Image Recovery (included with Cameras, Camcorders, and Printers with a memory card slot only), priority repair service, free return shipping, $0 deductible, genuine Canon factory service with only genuine Canon parts, and is transferable if you sell or gift your product. With a CarePAK PLUS, a damaged product will be repaired to good working condition or replaced with an equivalent product.
AIO Printer: CarePAK PLUS (3YR)
All Occasion Greeting Cards Inkjet Photo Paper
Creased Photo Paper and Color Envelopes for Every Type of Card. Perfect for creating any type of Greeting Card with an extensive variety of downloadable templates from the Canon Inc. Creative Park Website...www.canon.com/c-park
(Extra Large) Color Cartridge
Canon CarePAK Extended Service Plan
Canon CarePAK Extended Service Plan (CarePAK) is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to three full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. CarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical support and includes Canon's superb InstantExchange replacement program. Protect against unforeseen repair costs, excessive downtime, and enjoy peace of mind for years to come knowing your new equipment is fully covered.* Not available in the state of Wyoming or New Mexico.
Beautiful luster finish provides an elegant surface that resists fingerprints and virtually eliminates glare. Great for portrait and wedding and fine art photography prints.
(Extra Large) Black Cartridge
(Double Extra Large) Black Cartridge
PP-201 4 x 6 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 100 sheets
PP-201 4 x 6 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 400 sheets
PP-201 4 x 6 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 50 sheets
PP-201 5 x 7 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 20 sheets
PP-201 8 x 10 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 20 sheets
PP-201 8.5 x 11 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 20 sheets
PT-101 Photo Paper Pro Platinum 4" x 6" - 100 Sheets
PT-101 Photo Paper Pro Platinum 4" x 6" - 50 Sheets
PT-101 Photo Paper Pro Platinum 8" x 10" - 20 Sheets
PT-101 Photo Paper Pro Platinum 8.5" x 11" - 20 Sheets
Photo Paper Plus Glossy II 4" x 6" 100 Sheets
Photo Paper Plus Glossy II 4" x 6" 400 Sheets
Photo Paper Plus Glossy II 4" x 6" 50 Sheets
Photo Paper Plus Glossy II 5" x 7" 20 Sheets
Photo Paper Plus Glossy II 8.5" x 11" 20 Sheets
Photo Paper Pro Platinum 8x10 - 200 Sheets
SG-201 5X7 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 20 Sheets
SG-201 8X10 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 50 Sheets
SG-201 Letter Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 50 Sheets
SG-201 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss - 4 x 6 - 50 sheets
SG-201 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss - 8 x 10 - 20 sheets
- AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used, and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
- To install using Windows® OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks and all of the software that came with the printer are properly installed.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC."
- Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Requires an Internet connection and the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 7.0 or later, and Android mobile devices running Android 2.3.3 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint™, which requires an AirPrint™-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot, and VIXIA digital cameras and camcorders. Requires PC or Mac with Intel® processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files. Print quality is determined by the video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution.
- The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
- Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed may vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
- Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
- System requirements vary by application. For Mac OS, an Internet connection is required during software installation. For Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required to install My Image Garden, Quick Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX software.
- Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 or 10 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v10.5.8 - 10.6.x.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.