CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Print Speed (up to)
Print Speed (Approx)
Color:ESAT: 5.5 ipm13
Number of Nozzles
Picoliter Size (color)
Print Resolution (Up to)
Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi4
PG-240XL XL Black Ink
PG-240 Black Ink
CL-241XL XL Color Ink
CL-241 Color Ink
Automatic Sheet Feeder
ADF: 30 Sheets
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss;
Matte: Matte Photo Paper;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
Chlorine-free paper can be used.
Copy Speed (up to)
Reduction / Enlargement
Interpolated: 19,200x19,200 dpi14
ADF: 600x600 dpi (Optical)14
Max. Document Size
ADF: 8.5 x 14
Transmission Speed (approx.)
Color: Approx. 1 min per page15
Mac OSX 10.6.8 - 10.9.x
Ethernet USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
PictBridge (Wireless LAN)
Bluetooth® v2.0 (Optional)16
Dimension (W x D x H)
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you PIXMA MX522 that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
All Occasion Greeting Cards Inkjet Photo Paper
Creased Photo Paper and Color Envelopes for Every Type of Card. Perfect for creating any type of Greeting Card with an extensive variety of downloadable templates from the Canon Inc. Creative Park Website...www.canon.com/c-park
(Extra Large) Color Cartridge
Canon CarePAK Extended Service Plan
Canon CarePAK Extended Service Plan (CarePAK) is a cost-effective and easy-to-use extended service program. It provides up to three full years of service and support from the date you purchased your Canon product. CarePAK provides toll-free Canon technical support and includes Canon's superb InstantExchange replacement program. Protect against unforeseen repair costs, excessive downtime, and enjoy peace of mind for years to come knowing your new equipment is fully covered.* Not available in the state of Wyoming or New Mexico.
Beautiful luster finish provides an elegant surface that resists fingerprints and virtually eliminates glare. Great for portrait and wedding and fine art photography prints.
(Extra Large) Black Cartridge
(Double Extra Large) Black Cartridge
PP-201 4 x 6 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 100 sheets
PP-201 4 x 6 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 400 sheets
PP-201 4 x 6 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 50 sheets
PP-201 5 x 7 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 20 sheets
PP-201 8 x 10 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 20 sheets
PP-201 8.5 x 11 - Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - 20 sheets
PT-101 Photo Paper Pro Platinum 4" x 6" - 100 Sheets
PT-101 Photo Paper Pro Platinum 4" x 6" - 50 Sheets
PT-101 Photo Paper Pro Platinum 8" x 10" - 20 Sheets
PT-101 Photo Paper Pro Platinum 8.5" x 11" - 20 Sheets
Photo Paper Pro Platinum 8x10 - 200 Sheets
SG-201 5X7 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 20 Sheets
SG-201 8X10 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 50 Sheets
SG-201 Letter Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 50 Sheets
SG-201 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss - 4 x 6 - 50 sheets
SG-201 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss - 8 x 10 - 20 sheets
- Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free on Google Play, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Windows RT available for free in the Windows Store. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later, and Windows RT devices.
- Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
- To install using Windows® OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100for additional details.
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is available only when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC".
- The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
- Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- "ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See our www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details."
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
- Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
- Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- Requires an Internet connection. Google Cloud Print Function available April, 2012 or later. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
- Print Your Days requires Microsoft Silverlight 5, an Internet connection and runs on Windows Internet Explorer 8, 9 and Google Chrome on a PC running Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Will also work in Firefox under Windows 7 (32-bit) and Windows Vista (32-bit).
- Requires an Internet connection.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.