CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Canon's LUCIA EX Ink set is designed for dramatic photographic expression and detailed color reproduction for exacting proofing applications. This 8-Color ink set offers a brilliant range of vibrant colors, smooth gradations and transitions, with incredibly fine details. This specially formulated ink also offers scratch resistance, superb black reproduction and exceptional color stability. Combined with the printer's technologies, the LUCIA EX inks have the ability to satisfy the demanding needs of the Commercial Photography, Signage Display, Color Proofing and Production professionals. Vibrant, rich colors with unsurpassed detail and crisp, clean monotone images make this ink set essential for incredible quality output.
As an optional add-on to the iPF6400S printer, the SU-21 spectrophotometer is essential for anyone who is looking for efficiency in the proofing industry. This easy to install solution attaches right onto the front of the iPF6400S printer and brings superb image quality that you'd expect from a Canon imagePROGRAF printer to the next level.
The Spectrophotometer device features:
- A fully automated carriage that opens and closes the sensor, allowing for media of different thicknesses to be loaded and used with this device.
- Unique to Canon's device is a specialized single piece backing plate that has both black and white stripes on it and is user switchable!
- User-switchable UV blocking filter that can be switched on and off according to paper type; no need to purchase individual sensors to respond to each paper type.
- Scan Speed of up to 10 inches per second
- The ability to generate color calibration charts is possible for non-Canon branded Media, allowing users to expand their workflow options.
- 2010 XRGA measurement standard compliance.
The Color Calibration Management Console is included for the centralized management of networked printers in a system from one easy to use software tool. This unique feature enables color calibration targets created using the iPF6400S printer with the optional SU-21 spectrophotometer to be linked across the entire line of 8-Color imagePROGRAF iPFX400S series printers. A printer?s administrator can monitor and manage each printer in a remote location. Linking color calibration targets among multiple printers allows color calibration for custom media to be performed on printers not equipped with a Spectrophotometer Unit.
This feature also gives users the ability to:
- Remotely monitor/execute color calibrations for all printers on network, as well as be able to schedule remote calibrations based on system needs.
- Determine the media type loaded in each device on the network
- Determine the serial number of the printer device and other general information
- Obtain accounting information from each printer on the network
- Access the Status Monitor for each printer on the network
This printer includes an upgraded, built-in color multi-sensor that's designed to offer even more precise calibration and color matching. Using a three-color LED and a recently developed condenser lens the sensor enables accurate recalibration of the device, allowing users to maintain a low average printer-to-printer color difference. Automatic color calibration is finished quickly after a few simple steps on the printer?s operation panel, or remotely via the Color Calibration Management Console software. A single color calibration performed with one type of Canon media can be applied to media in all printing modes.
The iPF6400S printer supports 130 ml ink tank sizes, and now offers an option for large 300 ml ink tanks. Ink tank replacement becomes less frequent and users with higher printing volumes can enjoy greater productivity.
An ink tank system designed for uninterrupted printing even during tank replacement that has already been featured on the current 44 and 60 inch models, is now available on a 24 inch, 8-Color printer for the first time. The iPF6400S keeps some ink in reserve in its sub ink tanks so that even when the tanks themselves run out of ink, printing can continue without interruption and the tanks can be replaced on the fly.
The Draft Mode produces 1200 x 1200 dpi output at up to 294ft2/hr on coated and uncoated paper stocks while reducing ink consumption by 10% to 20% versus standard mode. This mode regulates the use of Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta inks to produce quality output at a lower total cost.
Help reduce total ink consumption by utilizing the Economy Printing Mode for producing draft prints on select media. This feature increases overall speed and regulates the use of all colors to produce quick check plots while minimizing the cost per print.
A built-in 250GB hard drive within the printer helps increase productivity by relieving workload from the host PC, while providing a large capacity for print job data storage and retrieval. This 250GB hard drive enables job data to be stored in protected mailboxes for easy access via web browser or at the printer for job re-printing. The embedded hard disk is ideal for medium to large workgroups to share a printer efficiently with multiple users, offering sample job storage space. To help ensure security of your files, there is a quick erase mode, high-speed mode, and a secure erase mode which meets to U.S. Department of Defense requirements (DoD5022.22-M Compliant) for erasure of disk media.
Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints. Users simply follow the program's four (4) easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as Office presentation, Trade shows, Retail Signage, and much, much more. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
Visit www.usa.canon.com/posterartist for a free demo version to download.
Canon's Direct Print & Share software is a cloud portal solution that helps users to expand their printing workflow. Users are given the ability to upload documents to their own account using Google's cloud service, and have those documents printed from almost anywhere††. Easily print PDFs, TIFFs and JPEGs through the user-friendly interface, and even have the ability to do batch printing! To help further integrate with your Canon printer and software, Direct Print & Share comes with a plug-in for AutoCAD (sold separately) to make cloud-use through this software incredibly easy! Scan, upload, download and print directly from these software solutions to streamline your workflow like never before!
Tracks how much ink and media is being consumed when printing. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on "Cost of goods". The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel so the data can be used for billing purposes.
- Job Cost (ink, Media and variable cost inputted by user)
- Ink Consumed per Job*
- Media Consumed per Job
- Job Completion time
- And more
*Ink usage is estimate, and error tolerance is ±15%
This export module allows 16-bit image processing, preserving the expanded color spectrum and high gradation of the file. The Print Plug-in also helps reduce the possibility of incorrect settings, by providing an integrated interface for print settings in Photoshop and the printer driver, enabling efficient production.
The new Adjustment Pattern Setting feature allows for multiples of an image to be printed with different color settings in order to choose the color that most closely matches what you need, and the Gallery Wrap Feature allows for the creation of gallery wrap prints for framing and display.
This creative tool can be accessed via Adobe Photoshop (not included) and allows users to easily create gallery wrap prints for framing, as well as creative options that will expand output possibilities.
- Crop Marks: These lines are a guide for folding the paper for mounting.
- Edge Lines: The area outside these lines is the area that gets folded around to the back of the canvas. (Not actually displayed or printed)
- Blue Lines: The area within these lines is the area that appears on the front surface of the canvas when mounted. (not actually printed)
- Canvas Thickness: This area becomes the sides of the canvas when mounted.
- Amount of Extension: This is the region that is printed protruding excessively in order to prevent white areas appearing on the sides of the canvas.
You can choose the effect you would like on the canvas that would be wrapped on the frame.
- Image: Wraps the image to the canvas sides.
- Soft Image: Performs Gaussian filtering on the image on the canvas sides.
- Reflection: Reflects the image on the canvas sides.
- Soft Reflection: Reflects the image on the canvas sides and performs Gaussian filtering.
- White, Black or Color Makes the canvas sides white, Black or a custom color
Recognizing the expanding array of media options for large format printers and to further improve the versatility of these new imagePROGRAF models, Canon has developed a Media Configuration Tool, which allows customers to not only utilize Canon-branded media, but provides the ability to make adjustments to printer settings to enhance the precision and quality of output achieved with non Canon branded media.
Settings that can be configured using media parameter adjustment features include:
- Media weight and thickness
- Ink drying
- Automatic cutting settings
- Borderless printing
- Paper feed amount
- Print-head height
- Vacuum strength
- Maximum ink usage
With this new feature, the fastest printing mode on the iPF9400S offers printing quality that's equivalent to the previous model's standard printing mode. while finishing print jobs much faster. Ink consumption is also dramatically reduced which helps in cutting down on ink costs.
Number of Nozzles
C, PC, PM, GY: 5,120 nozzles each
BK, MBK, Y, M: 2,560 nozzles each
Non-firing nozzle detection and compensation
Print Resolution (Up to)
Ink Droplet Size
Ink Droplet Size
Front Loading Manual Feed: 0.5 - 1.5mm (19.6 - 59.0mil)
Roll: 0.07 - 0.8mm (3.2 - 31.4mil)
Maximum Roll Print Length
Maximum Media Roll Diameter
Borderless Printing Width
Paper Feed Method
Top Loading Manual Feed: One sheet, front output
Front Loading Manual Feed: One sheet, front output
Noise Level Approx
Acoustic Power: Approx. 6.4 Bels or less
39.4 (H) x 48.3 (W) x 34.4 (D) (with optional SU-21 Spectrophotometer attached)
Approximately 200 lbs. with optional SU-21 Spectrophotometer attached
Standby 5W or less
Power Off: .5W or less (Compliant with Executive Order)
Relative Humidity: 10-80% (No Condensation)
Supplies and Accessories
- Maintenance Cartridge MC-16
- Optional SU-21 Spectrophotometer for iPF6400S
- Print Head PF-05
- Roll Holder Set RH2-25
- Pigment Matte Black Ink Tank PFI-106MBK
- Pigment Black Ink Tank PFI-106BK
- Pigment Cyan Ink Tank PFI-106C
- Pigment Magenta Ink Tank PFI-106M
- Pigment Yellow Ink Tank PFI-106Y
- Pigment Photo Cyan Ink Tank PFI-106PC
- Pigment Photo Magenta Ink Tank PFI-106PM
- Pigment Grey Ink Tank PFI-106GY
- Pigment Matte Black Ink Tank PFI-206MBK
- Pigment Black Ink Tank PFI-206BK
- Pigment Cyan Ink Tank PFI-206C
- Pigment Magenta Ink Tank PFI-206M
- Pigment Yellow Ink Tank PFI-206Y
- Pigment Photo Cyan Ink Tank PFI-206PC
- Pigment Photo Magenta Ink Tank PFI-206PM
- Pigment Grey Ink Tank PFI-206GY
|Fine Art Media|
|Fine Art Natural||230gsm||14mil|
|German Etching by Hahnemuhle||310gsm||18mil|
|Fine Art Bright White||230gsm||14mil|
|Fine Art Bright White||330gsm||20mil|
|Artistic Satin Canvas||350gsm||19mil|
|Artistic Matte Canvas||340gsm||21mil|
|Water Resistant Matte Canvas||400gsm||24mil|
|Fine Art Photo Rag by Hahnemuhle||188gsm||11.5mil|
|Fine Art Enhanced Velvet||255gsm||21mil|
|Coated Papers / CAD / GIS|
|Economy Bond Paper||75gsm||4mil|
|Premium Plain Paper (2 Rolls per box)||80gsm||4mil|
|Universal Bond Paper||90gsm||4mil|
|High Resolution Coated Bond||120gsm||6mil|
|Heavyweight Coated Paper||140gsm||7mil|
|Heavyweight Coated Paper HG||145gsm||6mil|
|Double Matte Film||160gsm||5mil|
|Matte Coated Paper||90gsm||5mil|
|Matte Coated Paper||170gsm||8mil|
|Heavyweight Matte Coated Paper||230gsm||10mil|
|20lb Bond, 150ft||75gsm||4mil|
|20lb Bond, 300ft||75gsm||4mil|
|20lb Recycled Uncoated Bond, 150ft||75gsm||4mil|
|20lb Recycled Uncoated Bond, 300ft||75gsm||4mil|
|24lb Bond, 150ft||90gsm||4mil|
|24lb Bond, 300ft||90gsm||4mil|
|24lb Premium Coated Bond, 150ft||90gsm||4mil|
|24lb Premium Coated Bond, 300ft||90gsm||4mil|
|Photographic / Glossy Paper|
|Satin Photo Paper||170gsm||7mil|
|Satin Photo Paper||200gsm||8mil|
|Satin Photo Paper||240gsm||10mil|
|Glossy Photo Paper||170gsm||7mil|
|Glossy Photo Paper||200gsm||8mil|
|Glossy Photo Paper||240gsm||10mil|
|Premium RC Photo Matte||255gsm||10mil|
|Premium RC Photo Luster||255gsm||10mil|
|Premium Glossy Photographic Paper 2||280gsm||11mil|
|Premium Semi-Glossy Photographic Paper 2||280gsm||11mil|
|Sign / Banner / Display Media|
|Back Print Backlit Film||165gsm||5mil|
|Durable Matte Polypropylene Banner||130gsm||7mil|
|Roll-up Gloss Film||230gsm||7mil|
|Durable Backlit Film||250gsm||7mil|
|Adhesive Matte Vinyl||290gsm||11mil|
|Scrim Banner Vinyl||460gsm||14mil|
1. For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
2. The starter ink tanks initially packaged with the printer are not the same capacity as the replacement ink tanks specified here.
3. The maximum printable length varies depending on the application, OS, and RIP used.
†† You must open a Google Cloud account to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof is based on Google's current offering and is at Google's discretion. Your Google Cloud account is subject to Google's terms and conditions, which is subject to change at Google's discretion. Neither Canon, Inc., nor Canon U.S.A., Inc. represents or warrants any third party product, service or feature referenced hereunder.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.