CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
The iPF840 MFP M40 is an affordable solution for providing fast, high-quality, large format image capture-to-output. Designed to be more than just its parts, it is the versatility of the product that makes it stand out. This multi-component system gives the user the opportunity to be more productive. The open architecture of the computer can be used to load additional programs, among other things. The printer's ability to print on a wide variety of media lends itself to uses in many departments and applications as well.
A versatile system built for the way you work, the imagePROGRAF iPF840 MFP M40 includes†:
- M40 Scanner
- iPF840 44-inch printer
- Two-media roll system
- SmartWorks MFP software
- All-in-One HD Multi-touch PC
- MFP stand
The M40 scanner incorporates a SingleSensor assembly technology7, which helps provide consistent and better color accuracy with more detail in the shadows and highlights than a staggered CIS array scanner7.
- 1200 dpi optical resolution, 9600 dpi maximum resolution
- Image scanning of up to 40" wide, fits documents 42" wide
- Scanning speed of up to 13 inches per second monochrome, 3 inches per second color
- USB 3.0 interface, 75 Mbytes / sec transfer rate
- Scan documents up to 2.0 mm thick
- Face up / Front load / Rear exit
- Straight paper path
The M40 scanner contains a single component image sensor that is the full width of the scanner and has long life LED Bi-directional illumination. Full width image capture, as opposed to time delayed scanning of separate sections, means less risk of misalignment of scan data. LED's require virtually no warm up time and provide a wide and consistent color gamut, with low power consumption and there is less potential for shadowing at creases or folds. A single driven hold up roller provides even pressure across the scan width which means originals are less susceptible to folds or creases.
SmartWorks MFP gives you the tools you'll need to quickly and easily scan to print / file / share large format technical documents. With a simple to use interface and unique scan-it-once ability, SmartWorks MFP allows for efficient batch scanning and helps create quality scanned images that are produced in a short amount of time. Scan to PDF, TIFF and JPEG file formats. SmartWorks MFP software is now more efficient than ever before.
- Scan lengths of up to 315" (26 ft) for PDF and JPG files, and up to 590" (49 ft) for TIFF files
- Ability to add custom presets with one-touch retrieval for those often-used settings
- New image enhancements for white point adjust, black point adjust, sharpen, mirror, and invert
- Full integration with Canon Digital Print & Share cloud software1
Users have more control over their workflow with access to editing functions such as invert, mirror, and black and white point adjustments. Custom presets help users control the scanner and increase control over printer settings.
Available as an optional add-on to SmartWorks MFP, this software includes many additional features to help enhance your multi-function workflow. Added features include:
- Scan to multipage PDF and PDF/A
- Ability to open and print non SmartWorks MFP PDF files (through Direct Print & Share)
- RGB Color Adjustment capabilities in preview mode
- Auto crop feature that removes printer margins from a scan to create a true 1:1 ratio"
Designed for technical and office applications, Canon's 5-color dye/pigment Reactive Ink technology utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks for producing bold, expressive color, plus two channels of black ink for printing precise lines, smooth curves, and small text on technical and office documents. A High Chrome Magenta ink helps produce crisp and vibrant red lines and texts, while also widening the color gamut in the red and orange spectrums. The iPF840 printer is capable of producing an A0 print in approximately 42 seconds! Help reduce total ink consumption by utilizing the Economy Print Mode for producing draft prints on select media, which regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots while minimizing the cost per print. The iPF840 printer has the capability of accommodating 330ml and 700ml ink tanks4, geared towards lowering the cost per print. The iPF840 printer comes with a portable catch basket; the integrated stacker is capable to sacking up to twenty 24" x 36" plain paper prints. The iPF840 printer two-media roll system's automatic roll switching feature gives this printer the ability to do long continuous printing and produce mismatched paper sizes making it an ideal high volume solution.
An All-in-One HD multi-touch PC is included in the system, helping to make it easy for the user to view accurate previews. This simple-to-use touch screen makes one-button scanning/copying easier than ever, and the embedded USB ports provide a user with easy access.
The user can choose whether to place the monitor on the right or left side of the stand, as well as whether to use a straight or swing-arm orientation. When the monitor is set up using a swing-arm orientation, it can be positioned in two different heights.
Sharing ideas has never been easier with Canon's Direct Print & Share software. Direct Print and Share is a cloud portal and batch printing solution that helps you to expand your printing workflow1. Available as a free download, this software allows you to upload documents to your account using any WebDAV compliant¹cloud service, and have these documents printed from almost anywhere. Easily share and/or print .cpfx PosterArtist, PDF, TIFF, JPEG, and HP-GL/2 files, through the user-friendly interface. In addition, you can set-up hot folders on your desktop by clicking the Shortcut Print feature, then simply drag and drop the files you wish to print into these folders and the job will start automatically. You can even set up multiple folders, each with their own customized settings, allowing for multiple jobs to be run with ease.
imagePROGRAF Print Utility is Canon's mobile app for wireless printing via an Apple© iPad© to an imagePROGRAF printer2. Through use of the app, users have the ability to preview their PDF,JPEG and PNG file, utilize some of the great basic settings seen in their Canon Printer Driver such as selecting the paper size, number of copies, orientation, and quality, and then send their print to one of the imagePROGRAF 5-Color Printers sharing the same network. imagePROGRAF Print Utility is available for download free of charge through the iTunes® App Store℠.
Automatically tracks how much ink and media is being consumed when printing. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on "Cost of goods". The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel so the data can be used for billing purposes. Captured data includes:
- Job Cost (ink, Media and variable cost inputted by user)
- Ink Consumed per Job*
- Media Consumed per Job
- Job Completion time
- And more
*Ink usage is estimated, and error tolerance is ±15%
These Windows® and Macintosh® drivers incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate while still giving even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive.
The Real Preview feature helps ensure that the print setting and the layout on the roll paper is correct by providing real time preview, allowing users to change the print setting even after clicking on "print." The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of various types (available for both Windows® and Macintosh® drivers).
The imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature built-in to the printer driver lets users transfer data from their Color imageRUNNER device with Universal Send to the imagePROGRAF printer - all with the touch of a button - enabling users to easily create posters from hard copy documents.
At a Glance:
- Easy-to-use preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Real Preview that lets users change document and printer settings after clicking "print"
- Page nesting feature with Free Layout for Windows® and Macintosh®
- imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature - with a hot folder solution to print Color imageRUNNER PDFs directly
- Economy Print Mode
- Borderless printing
- Easy setting/Advanced setting
- Optimized module for AutoCAD
Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software helps users quickly and easily creates professional large format posters. Users simply follow the program's four (4) easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as office presentations, trade shows, retail signage, and much, much more. The program includes pre-designed templates suited for a wide variety of markets, as well as royalty free images and clip art. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
For those with more demanding poster creation needs, Canon's optional PosterArtist offers advanced features such as Auto Design, Variable Data, and in-application image editing features, as well as additional templates, royalty-free photos, and clip art. The built-in weblink feature in PosterArtist Lite links users directly to the PosterArtist website for useful hints and tips, and for even more free content for download.
New features include:
- Direct Print & Share cloud portal support
- New file format to allow for easy sharing of poster files
Visit www.usa.canon.com/posterartist for a free demo version to download.
This utility makes it easy to print large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The Plug-in appears in a tool bar inside the Microsoft application and has an easy-to-follow "Wizard". The Plug-in will bypass the printer driver to simplify the printing process. A few simple steps convert your 8.5" x 11" office document to poster size."
Contact Image Sensor (CIS) technology
Scan Accuracy: +/- 0.1%
Scan Speed: 13 ips monochrome, 3 ips color
Non-firing nozzle detection and compensation
Number of Nozzles
MBK: 5,120 nozzles
C, M, Y, BK: 2,560 nozzles each
Macintosh® (OSX10.6.8 - 10.10)
Scanner: USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 High-Speed
Ink Droplet Size
Ink Droplet Size
Pigment: Matte Black
Width: 42 inch document width (40 inch image width)
Length: 315 (JPG or PDF), 590 (TIFF)
Roll Feed - 10 - 44
Maximum Roll Print Length
Maximum Media Roll Diameter
Borderless Printing Width
Paper Feed Method
Cut Sheet: One sheet, Top loading, Front output
Noise Level Approx
Standby: 35 dB (A) or less
Acoustic Power: Approx. 6.8 Bels or less
Box Weight Approximately 697lbs
Standby 5W or less
Power Off: .5W or less (Compliant with Executive Order)
Relative Humidity: 10-80% (No Condensation)
Operating System: Windows 7
All-in-One HD Multi-touch PC
PFI-307 (330ml: C, M, Y, BK, MBK)
PFI-707 (700ml: C, M, Y, BK, MBK)
Direct Print Built In Card Reader Functions
Optical Resolutions: 1200dpi (Adjustable from 100 dpi to 2,400 dpi)
Max. Resolutions: 9600dpi interpolated
Supplies and Accessories
|Roll Holder Set RH2-44||
|Maintenance Cartridge MC-10, MC-09||
$69.00 / $95.00
|Print Head PF-04||
|Pigment Matte Black Ink Tank PFI-307MBK||
|Dye Black Ink Tank PFI-307BK||
|Dye Cyan Ink Tank PFI-307C||
|Dye Magenta Ink Tank PFI-307M||
|Dye Yellow Ink Tank PFI-307Y||
|Pigment Matte Black Ink Tank PFI-707MBK||
|Dye Black Ink Tank PFI-707BK||
|Dye Cyan Ink Tank PFI-707C||
|Dye Magenta Ink Tank PFI-707M||
|Dye Yellow Ink Tank PFI-707Y||
|Satin Photo Paper||170gsm||7mil|
|Satin Photo Paper||200gsm||8mil|
|Glossy Photo Paper||170gsm||7mil|
|Glossy Photo Paper||200gsm||8mil|
|Premium RC Photo Matte||255gsm||10mil|
|Premium RC Photo Luster||255gsm||10mil|
|Durable Matte Polypropylene Banner||130gsm||7mil|
|Durable Backlit Film||250gsm||7mil|
|Adhesive Matte Vinyl||290gsm||11mil|
|Scrim Banner Vinyl||460gsm||14mil|
|Economy Bond Paper||75gsm||4mil|
|Premium Plain Paper (2 Rolls per box)||80gsm||4mil|
|High Resolution Coated Bond||120gsm||6mil|
|Heavyweight Coated Paper||140gsm||7mil|
|Heavyweight Coated Paper HG||145gsm||6mil|
|Double Matte Film||160gsm||5mil|
|Matte Coated Paper||90gsm||5mil|
|Matte Coated Paper||170gsm||8mil|
|Heavyweight Matte Coated Paper||230gsm||10mil|
|20lb Bond, 150ft||75gsm||4mil|
|20lb Bond, 300ft||75gsm||4mil|
|20lb Recycled Uncoated Bond, 150ft||75gsm||4mil|
|20lb Recycled Uncoated Bond, 300ft||75gsm||4mil|
|24lb Bond, 150ft||90gsm||4mil|
|24lb Bond, 300ft||90gsm||4mil|
|24lb Premium Coated Bond, 150ft||90gsm||4mil|
|24lb Premium Coated Bond, 300ft||90gsm||4mil|
CANON and imagePROGRAF are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in the United States and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. Not responsible for typographical errors. *Prices, specifications and availability are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary. All printout images and effects are simulated.
†The imagePROGRAF iPF MFP M40 systems contain multiple components, some of which are manufactured by third parties. To the extent that such third party offerings come with limited warranties, such limited warranties are hereby passed to the purchaser, and Canon shall have no obligation or any liability with respect to such third party offerings.
1) Your server must be compatible with a webDAV enabled cloud account, including but not limited to, Google, Carbonite or Rackspace, to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof is based on the third-party cloud providers current offering, at its sole discretion. Your cloud account is subject to the third-party cloud provider's terms and conditions. Neither Canon Inc. nor Canon U.S.A., Inc. represents or warrants any third party product, service or feature referenced hereunder.
2) Available on AppStore℠. Compatible with iPad® 2 or later, running iOS 6.1 or later. Data charges may apply. Printed output will be same size as original file. Mobile device and large format printer must utilize the same network. Printer must be connected to the same router that mobile device is connected to via wireless capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients. In order to print from imagePROGRAF Print Utility, user must open their PDF file in another, supported iPad® app. Then, the user would select "Open in" and choose the print utility app.
3) For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
4) The starter ink tanks initially packaged with the printer are not the same capacity as the replacement ink tanks specified here.
5) The maximum printable length varies depending on the application, OS, and RIP used.
6) The imagePROGRAF iPF MFP M40 systems contain multiple components, some of which are manufactured by third parties. To the extent that such third party offerings come with limited warranties, such limited warranties are hereby passed to the purchaser, and Canon shall have no obligation or any liability with respect to such third party offerings.
7) SingleSensor Technology Assembly means that multiple sensors are contained in one assembly device.
© 2015 Canon U.S.A., Inc. All rights reserved.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.