CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Automatic Roll Loading
The Intelligent Media Handling feature allows the user to simply place a roll in the opened drawer and slide in the media from the front of the printer with ease. The printer automatically detects media type, width, and length, for simplified user handling.
Smart Roll Set
For continuous production printing, the smart roll set feature allows you to load a second roll of media while the device is printing from the first. Virtually no printing downtime!
Roll Paper Indicator
The Roll Paper Indicator on both media roll drawers is equipped with LED lights that displays four (4) different media levels that can warn you when media is low. Remaining media amount and media type is calculated by detecting the leading edge of the media, the roll diameter, and the media reflection rate, thickness, and width of the media.
- Secure Communication
- 802.1x Authentication
- Functionality Restrictions
- Panel Lock by Remote UI
- Role-based access control
- Front-panel access lock
- Remote UI Multilevel
- Hide IP from Panel
- Panel Access Control
- Job Storage and PIN Printing
- Secure Storage
- Self Encrypting Hard Disk
- Secure Disc Erase (Conforms to U.S. Department of Defense standard DoD5220.22-M)
- Secure File Erase*
- The following functions can be disabled in administrator mode:
- Direct USB Thumb Drive Printing
- Internet Connection
- FTP and Telnet communication protocols
- Job Log Look-up
Batch print files and monitor the status of more than one device for extremely efficient production printing. Easily share and/or print, PDF, TIFF, JPEG, HP-GL/2 files and .cpfx PosterArtist files through the user-friendly interface. In addition, you can set-up hot folders on your desktop by clicking the Shortcut Print feature. DPP allows you to simply drag and drop files for on demand printing with improved rendering speeds that are 60% faster than Canon’s Direct Print & Share. You can even set up multiple folders, each with their own customized settings, allowing for multiple jobs to be run with ease. DPP obtains the essential information such as media width and remaining amount of media on the roll helping to streamline the printing process.Additional features include:
- Easily collate sets
- Displays job progress
- Nest images
- Print file name, date and time on separator sheets
Accounting Manager software serves as a powerful feature that can help users accurately manage printing costs and other information that is increasingly important in today’s economic environment.
With the Accounting Manager software you can track how much ink and paper is being consumed when printing in large format jobs. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on your own "Cost of Goods". Each individual ink tank and each paper type can have its own cost associated to it. The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel® so the data can be used for billing purposes. This feature will allow you to determine the cost of each print based on your actual cost.
*Compatible with PosterArtist and PosterArtist Lite.
Number of Nozzles
MBK: 5,120 nozzles
C, M, Y, BK: 2,560 nozzles each
Non-firing nozzle detection and compensation
Print Resolution (Up to)
Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 (64bit)
MacOS 10.12.6 and later
Ink Droplet Size
Ink Droplet Size
2 GB (Physical)
Roll Feed - 8” - 36”
Maximum Roll Print Length
Maximum Media Roll Diameter
Borderless Printing Width
Paper Feed Method
Cut Sheet: Front-loading
Noise Level Approx
Standby: 35 dB (A) or less
Acoustic Power: 7.0 Bels or less
Standby 2.0W or less
Power Off: 0.3W or less (Compliant with Executive Order)
Relative Humidity: 10-80% (No Condensation)
Supplies and Accessories
|Roll Holder Set RH2-34||
|Maintenance Cartridge MC-30||
|Ink Tanks and Print Head||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-340MBK - Pigment Matte Black Ink Tank 330ml||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-340BK - Pigment Black Ink Tank 330ml||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-340C - Pigment Cyan Ink Tank 330ml||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-340M - Pigment Magenta Ink Tank 330ml||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-340Y - Pigment Yellow Ink Tank 330ml||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-740MBK - Pigment Matte Black Ink Tank 700ml1||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-740BK – Pigment Black Ink Tank 700ml1||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-740C - Pigment Cyan Ink Tank 700ml1||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-740M - Pigment Magenta Ink Tank 700ml1||
|Canon Ink Tank PFI-740Y – Pigment Yellow Ink Tank 700ml1||
|Print Head PF-06||
|Economy Bond Paper||75gsm||4mil|
|Premium Plain Paper (2 Rolls per box)||80gsm||4mil|
|High Resolution Coated Bond||120gsm||6mil|
|Heavyweight Coated Paper||140gsm||7mil|
|Heavyweight Coated Paper HG||145gsm||6mil|
|Matte Coated Paper||90gsm||5mil|
|Matte Coated Paper||170gsm||8mil|
|Satin Photo Paper||170gsm||7mil|
|Satin Photo Paper||200gsm||8mil|
|Satin Photo Paper||240gsm||10mil|
|Glossy Photo Paper||170gsm||7mil|
|Glossy Photo Paper||200gsm||8mil|
|Glossy Photo Paper||240gsm||10mil|
|Premium RC Photo Matte||255gsm||10mil|
|Premium RC Photo Luster||255gsm||10mil|
|Premium Glossy Photographic Paper||280gsm||11mil|
|Premium Semi-Glossy Photographic Paper 2||280gsm||11mil|
|Water Resistant Matte Polypropylene||115gsm||6mil|
|Durable Matte Polypropylene Banner||130gsm||7mil|
|Adhesive Matte Vinyl||290gsm||11mil|
|Scrim Banner Vinyl||460gsm||15mil|
|Water Resistant Adhesive Matte Vinyl||330gsm||13mil|
|Water Resistant Matte Banner Vinyl||480gsm||13.8mil|
|Peel & Stick Repositionable Media||260gsm||11mil|
|Premium Gift Wrapping Paper||
Introduction to the imagePROGRAF TZ Series Large Format Printers
- All speeds measured using plain paper and fast Q5 mode. The 14 secs/ANSI D print is measured after first printout. The 244 ANSI D prints/hour is measured from when the first print begins printing and includes time taken for necessary cleaning and cutting.
- Plain Paper, Fast (Q5) mode.
- Canon products offer certain security features, yet many variables can impact the security of your devices and data. Canon does not warrant that use of its features will prevent security issues. Nothing herein should be construed as legal or regulatory advice concerning applicable laws; customers must have their own qualified counsel determine the feasibility of a solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance. Some security features may impact functionality/performance; you may want to test these settings in your environment.
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or 802.11n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
- Your server must be compatible with a webDAV enabled cloud account, including but not limited to, Google, Carbonite or Rackspace, to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof are based on the third-party cloud provider's current offering, at its sole discretion. Your cloud account is subject to the third-party cloud provider's terms and conditions.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.