- The HDR monitoring assist function has been enhanced.
- Pixel luminance values and frame luminance values can now be arbitrary selected within the picture when HDR content is displayed. This allows video production teams to monitor luminance levels to keep levels within a predetermined range. This function helps to check luminance data for each scene in greater detail.
- The automatic picture quality setting function has been enhanced.
- Automatic switching of picture quality settings, such as color gamut, gamma and more, occurs in accordance with the input signals detected by the monitor. This limits the need to incorporate GPI control into the switcher, and helps to achieve more practical operation work flows.
- The multi-display function has been enhanced on select Displays.
- Multi-display of 4K×4-inputs can be displayed as 2K×4-pictures. Multiple images can be checked simultaneously on a single display. This helps reduce the amount of shooting equipment and cables which can also reduce cost.
- 8K input signal can be displayed as a 4K×1-picture. 8K input signals can be reduced to 4K video and checked on a single 24” or 17” compact display. This helps to achieve more practical and efficient work flows.
- Camera Collaboration
- New ARRI LUT (2020 HLG) displays video captured with ARRI’s LOG C camera, in HDR, are preset in the display. ARRI’s camera metadata is also supported and when paired with the Canon display this configuration automatically switches according to the cameras picture quality settings. This increases the convenience and picture sync when at shooting locations.
- New Panasonic LUT (VARICAM LUT 709) for displaying video captured with V-Log using Panasonic’s VARICAM camera are preset in the display. Panasonic VARICAM camera metadata is also supported and when paired with the Canon display this configuration automatically switches according to the cameras picture quality settings. This increases the convenience and picture sync when at shooing locations.
Enhanced Picture Quality and Operability
- A Web-based remote control feature has been added that allows the display to be remotely operated from a distant location using a PC, tablet or other device utilizing a web browser*. Three viewing windows are available for remote viewing. The View window, which is for displaying zoom and video check. The Control window, which gives access to the menu and main operations of the display and the Information window, which allows for various information checks such as, video signals and much more. This can be utilized in shooting locations or other locations where multiple people wish to selectively view various windows.
- Left/right picture quality comparison including LUT and ASC CDL comparisons have been added to the conventional HDR/SDR display function. This can be performed using a single button, so that quality checks can be achieved quickly with ease of operation.
- An Over-range display function has been added which highlights areas in the picture where brightness values exceed a user specified range.
- A Waveform monitor has been added which includes: display scales, colored display function and brightness adjustment function. This monitor can be ideal when producing HDR content which improves the HDR video checking quality and helps to increase efficiency.
- A False color display scale range adjustment function has been added that finely distinguishes brightness range in different colors which facilitates visual checking of brightness levels.
- Outside color gamut display function has been added, which highlights colors that cannot be reproduced by the native color gamut of the display.
- Color range operation has changed. When set to “limited”, over-white and under-black display can be checked by adjusting the brightness.
- A Custom D65 color temperature setting has been added.
Other Function Additions
- HDR/SDR conversion LUT added to CDL User LUT.
- HLG system gamma adjustment values changed (1.000 to 1.500 in 0.005 increments).
- HDR/SDR comparison display enabled when Peak Luminance Control is set to ON.
- The Color Range auto setting operation changed to “Full” when Gamma is set to Preset Log 1/2.
- The Zoom function enabled during anamorphic display.
- Line display color and brightness setting have been added to various marker settings (Aspect, Safe Zone, Area, Center and Grid markers).
- The Waveform monitor display can now be viewed in both left and right pictures during Dual View display.
- Display position offset and brightness settings and display character type selection have been added to the Time Code.
- OSD display sizes have been added to the Center Marker, Time Code and Audio Level Meter.
- PLUGE and Color Bar image for HDR signal added to Test Pattern Display.
- JPEG format added to image save formats in Capture mode.
- Web-based remote setting and Wi-Fi connectivity setting added.
- Countdown display at start-up removed to accelerate startup.
*Supported Browsers: Safari (Apple), Google Chrome (Google). Full operation is not guaranteed on all supported OS or Web Browser editions.