CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
EOS-1D Mark IV
Drivers & Downloads
EOS DIGITAL CAMERA LIMITED WARRANTY
For The U.S.A. And Canada Only
The limited warranty set forth below is given by Canon U.S.A., Inc. (Canon U.S.A.) in the United States or Canon Canada Inc., (Canon Canada) in Canada with respect to the Canon brand EOS Digital Camera (the “Product”) *, when purchased and used in the United States or Canada. The Product purchased with this limited warranty is the only EOS Digital Camera to which this limited warranty applies.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. and Canon Canada Inc. (collectively "Canon") warrant to the original end-user purchaser, when delivered in new condition in its original container, that the Product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. Product returned to a Canon repair facility and proven to be defective upon inspection will, at Canon’s sole discretion and without charge, be (a) repaired utilizing new, remanufactured, repaired and/or recycled parts; (b) exchanged for a new Product or; (c) exchanged for a refurbished Product, as determined by the Canon repair facility. Warranty exchange or replacement does not extend the original warranty period of the Product.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY ACCESSORIES. This limited warranty shall only apply if the Product is used in conjunction with compatible computer equipment and compatible software, as to which items Canon U.S.A. or Canon Canada, shall have no responsibility. Non-Canon brand equipment and software that may be distributed with the Product are sold "as is" and without warranty of any kind by Canon U.S.A. or Canon Canada, including any implied warranty regarding merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and all such warranties are disclaimed. The sole warranty, if any, with the respect to such non-Canon brand items is given by the manufacturer or producer thereof.
This limited warranty covers all defects encountered in normal use of the Product, and does not apply in the following cases:
- Loss of or damage to the Product due to abuse, mishandling, improper packaging by you, alteration, accident, electrical current fluctuations, failure to follow operating, maintenance or environmental instructions prescribed in Canon U.S.A.'s or Canon Canada's user's manual or services performed by someone other than Canon U.S.A. or Canon Canada, or a Canon authorized service provider for the Product. Without limiting the foregoing, water damage, sand/corrosion damage, battery leakage, dropping the Product, scratches, abrasions or damage to the body, lenses or LCD display or damage to the any of the accessories mentioned in the first paragraph above will be presumed to have resulted from misuse, abuse or failure to operate the Product as set forth in the operating instructions
- Use of parts or supplies (other than those sold by Canon U.S.A. or Canon Canada) that cause damage to the Product or cause abnormally frequent service calls or service problems
- If the Product has had its serial number or dating altered or removed.
NO IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLIES TO THE PRODUCT AFTER THE APPLICABLE PERIOD OF THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY STATED ABOVE, AND NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR GUARANTY, EXCEPT AS MENTIONED ABOVE, GIVEN BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT SHALL BIND CANON U.S.A. OR CANON CANADA (SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU)..NEITHER CANON U.S.A. NOR CANON CANADA SHALL BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF REVENUES OR PROFITS, INCONVENIENCE, EXPENSE FOR SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT OR SERVICE, STORAGE CHARGES, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE OR MISUSE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE EOS DIGITAL CAMERA, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND EVEN IF CANON U.S.A. OR CANON CANADA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL RECOVERY OF ANY KIND AGAINST CANON USA OR CANON CANADA BE GREATER IN AMOUNT THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT SOLD BY CANON USA OR CANON CANADA AND CAUSING THE ALLEGED DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO YOU AND YOUR PROPERTY AND TO OTHERS AND THEIR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF USE OR MISUSE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PRODUCT NOT CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF CANON USA OR CANON CANADA (SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU). THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXTEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT, OR THE PERSON FOR WHOM IT WAS PURCHASED AS A GIFT, AND STATES YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
You may obtain technical support** for your Product as follows:
E-mail support via our Web site at www.canontechsupport.com
Telephone assistance from a Canon U.S.A. Customer Care representative free of charge during regular business hours at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)
You may obtain technical support* for your Product as follows:
Telephone assistance from a Canon Canada Customer Care representative free of charge during regular business hours at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)
When you call, have your Product serial number and your date of purchase available to expedite service. A Canon Customer Care representative will attempt to diagnose the nature of the problem and correct it over the telephone. If the problem cannot be corrected over the telephone, you will be asked to follow the applicable procedures for MAIL-IN SERVICE. Note that a dated proof of purchase is required at the time of service. This requirement will be satisfied by providing a copy of your dated bill of sale.
** Technical support program specifics subject to change without notice.
MAIL-IN SERVICE is a program under which your Product is repaired by a Canon U.S.A. or a Canon Canada authorized service center for the Product. Authorized service center information can be obtained by visiting www.canontechsupport.com (US customers only) or by contacting the Canon U.S.A., Customer Care Center or Canon Canada Customer Information Centre at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). You will be given the name, address and phone number of an authorized service center.
It is your responsibility to properly package and send the defective Product, together with a copy of your dated proof of purchase, a complete explanation of the problem and a return address to the authorized service center at your expense. Do not include any other items with the defective Product. The Product covered by this limited warranty and proven to be defective upon inspection will be repaired and returned to you without charge by the authorized service center. Any Product received by the authorized service center that is not covered by the limited warranty will be returned unrepaired, or at the discretion of the authorized service provider, you may receive a written estimate of repair at such cost as the service center may establish from time to time.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state (or province to province in Canada).
*The battery pack packaged with the Product carries a separate ninety (90) day limited warranty.
Digital AF/AE SLR
CF Card Type I and II, SD/SDHC Memory Card (1 slot each), UDMA Mode 6 CF cards and/or External media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, via optional Canon Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2/E2A or Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2 IIA*)
1.098 x 0.73 in./ 27.9 x 18.6 mm (APS-H size sensor)
Canon EF mount
High-sensitivity, high-resolution, single-plate, CMOS sensor
Approx. 16.10 Megapixels
Approx. 17.00 Megapixels
Color Filter System
RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter
Fixed position in front of the image sensor
Dust Deletion Feature
(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
- Helps remove dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
- Automatic cleaning when power on and off, and manual cleaning.
- Low-pass filter has a fluorine coating.
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically minimize the dust spots
(3) Manual cleaning
DCF 2.0 (Exif 2.21): JPEG, RAW and RAW+JPEG simultaneous recording possible. Multiple options for recording images on two memory cards, and onto compatible external USB hard drives (via optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2/2A, E2 IIA*)
JPEG, RAW, M-RAW, S-RAW (Canon .CR2) MOV
The file name can be set to one of three formats:
1. Factory-default, four-character alphanumeric name
2. Any four characters (User setting 1)
3. Any three characters plus the image size (User setting 2). If 3 is set and an M-RAW image is taken, the fourth character will be M. The above three settings also apply to the file name for movies. If 3 is set, the forth character will be _ (underscore).
1) Large: Approx. 16.00 megapixels (4896 x 3264)
2) Medium 1: Approx. 12.40 megapixels (4320 x 2880)
3) Medium 2: Approx. 8.40 megapixels (3552 x 2368)
4) Small: Approx. 4.00 megapixels (2448 x 1632)LOSSLESS RAW
1) RAW: Approx. 16.00 megapixels (4896 x 3264)
2) M-RAW: Approx. 9.00 megapixels (3672 x 2448)
3) S-RAW: Approx. 4.00 megapixels (2448 x 1632)
Folder creation/selection enabled
- No automatic switching of recording media
(2) Automatic switching of recording media
- When the current recording media becomes full, it switches to another recording media automatically and continues recording
(3) Separate recording
- Set the desired image size (L, M1, M2, S, RAW, M-RAW, S-RAW) for each recording media before shooting
- The image size set for one captured image will be applied to all the recording media
(4) Recording of identical images
- The same image is recorded to all recording media. (Also possible with RAW+JPEG.)
- Movies cannot be recorded simultaneously to multiple recording media
- If simultaneous recording has been set, movies will be recorded to the recording media set with [Play] on the [Recording func+media/folder sel.] screen.
- If a still photo is taken during movie shooting and (3) or (4) has been set, the still photo will be recorded to each recording media in the image size that was set.
- With external recording media connected via WFT-E2 IIA* and WFT-E2/E2A (Firmware Ver. 2.0.0 or higher).
- Two options: 1. Quick backup (Backup folder created automatically and folder name set automatically.), 2. Backup (Backup folder created manually and folder name can be entered manually.)
- Images in the card are backed up in the external recording media's root directory based on the card's DCIM folder structure.
* This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.
(1) Continuous numbering (2) Auto reset (3) Manual reset (the image numbering is reset to 0001, a new folder is created automatically)
Image copying between recording media enabled (images with checkmarks or all images in folder or card)
sRGB, Adobe RGB
Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Def. 1-3
Auto White Balance
Auto white balance, taken from imaging sensor
Color Temperature Compensation
White balance bracketing: Three consecutive images, Up to +/- 3 levels in 1-stop increments White balance correction: blue/amber bias and/or magenta/green bias (Corrected in reference to the current WB mode's color temperature.) +/- 9 levels; manually set by user.
When blue/amber bias and magenta/green bias set with White balance correction, white balance bracketing cannot be set together during white balance correction
Color Temperature Information Transmission
Eye-level SLR with fixed pentaprism
Approx. 100% horizontally and vertically
Approx. 0.76x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1)
Angle of view: Approx. 28.3°
20mm (at -1m-1, from eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
Adjustable from -3.0 to +1.0 m-1 (dpt)
Quick-return half mirror (Transmission: reflection ratio of 37:63)
Depth Of Field Preview
Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
TTL-AREA-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
Area AF with 45 AF points
- 8 mm (H) x 15 mm (W)
- All 45 AF points are horizontal-line sensitive at f/5.6 (vertical). Thirty-nine of the 45 AF points are vertical-line sensitive at f/2.8 for cross-type focusing. For automatic AF point selection, cross-type focusing with 19 AF points is used. (The 39 cross-type AF points are used only during manual AF point selection.)
- When using some f/4 lenses (including when using f/2.8 lens + Extender 1.4x), cross-type focusing with 39 AF point is possible.
AF Working Range
EV -1-18 (at 23°C/73°F with 50mm f/1.4 lens at ISO 100)
1) One-Shot AF
2) Predictive AI Servo AF
- The following can be set: C.Fn III -2: Focus-tracking sensitivity, C.Fn III -3:
Servo operation method and shutter-release timing, C.Fn III -4: Servo operation method in case a closer object enters the focus center during subject-tracking.
(2) Manual focus
AF Point Selection
1) The 45 AF points can be selected automatically or any one of them can be selected manually. To select an AF point, press the AF point selection button, then use the Multi-controller, Main Dial, or Quick Control Dial. With C.FN III -8-3, the 18 expanded AF points are instead used to search for the subject.
2) During manual AF point selection, the six AF points (or 26 AF points during automatic AF point selection) other than the 39 cross-type AF points will work as horizontal line-sensitive sensors at f/5.6. The two AF points at the immediate top and bottom of the center AF point have improved detection performance and precision due to the increase in the number of lines to two for the f/5.6 sensor. (The 39 cross-type AF points are used only during manual AF point selection.)
Selected AF Point Display
Superimposed in viewfinder and on LCD panel
AF Assist Beam
- When an external, EOS-dedicated Speedlite is attached to the camera, the AF-assist beam from the Speedlite will be emitted when necessary.
- Compatible with the 270EX's AF-assist beam (a series of small flashes)
63-zone TTL full aperture metering
(1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 13.5% of screen, at center)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 3.8% of screen, at center)
Center spot metering AF point-linked spot metering Multi-spot metering (max. 8 spot metering entries)(4) Center-Weighted average metering
EV 0-20 (at 23°C/73°F with 50mm f/1.4 lens at ISO 100)
ISO Speed Range
Auto, ISO 100-12800 (1/3-stop or 1-stop increments: C.Fn I -2),Expandable
- ISO Auto set by default. With all C.Fn to their default setting, automatically set within ISO 100-12800.
- With C.Fn I -3 (ISO speed range), the highest and lowest settable ISO speed can be set. By setting L (ISO 50) for the lowest speed and H1 (ISO 25600), H2 (ISO 51200), H3 (ISO 102400) [TD] for the highest, ISO speed expansion is possible.
- In manual ISO setting, if the upper ISO speed limit is set to H1, H2, H3 [TD], and the lower ISO speed limit to L with C.Fn I-3, the settable ISO speed range will be ISO 100-12800.
- In ISO Auto, even if the upper ISO speed limit is set to H1, H2, H3 [TD], and the lower ISO speed limit to L with C.Fn I-3, ISO Auto speed range will be ISO 100-12800. However, if the lower and higher ISO speed limits have been set to a narrower range, ISO speed will be automatically set within that range.
- In P, Tv, Av modes and C.Fn I -8-2 (Tv/Av safety shift) is set, C.Fn I -3's ISO range limit will be canceled when the standard exposure cannot be obtained, even if C.Fn I-3 has set the lowest and highest settable ISO speed to a narrower range. It will be automatically controlled within the range of ISO100-12800.
- In ISO Auto and C.Fn I-8-1 (Tv/Av safety shift) is set, the C.Fn I-12's shutter speed range limit and C.Fn I-13's aperture range limit will be canceled when the standard exposure cannot be obtained. C.Fn I-3's upper and lower limits will be applied to control the ISO speed range. With C.Fn II-3 (Highlight tone priority) set, even if C.Fn I-3 has set the lower ISO speed limit to L and the upper ISO speed limit to H1, H2, H3, the ISO Auto range and manual ISO range will be ISO 200-12800. However, if the lower and higher ISO speed limits have been set to a narrower range with C.Fn I-3, the settable range will be ISO 200 to the higher speed limit set.
- When checking the ISO speed of still photos or movies shot at H3 (ISO 102400) in commercially available software, the correct ISO speed value may not be displayed (the EXIF information standard cannot record ISO 102400 settings).
- When imprinting the shooting information for images shot at H2, H3 ISO speeds during ISO speed range expansion, the ISO speed setting may not be correctly printed.
Exposure Compensation (user-set): +/-3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
Auto Bracketing (AEB): 3 shots, up to +/- 3 stops, in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments, in all exposure modes. Can be changed via C.Fn I-6 to 2, 5, or 7 shots. Bracketing order can be changed via C.Fn I-5.
*Except during movie Manual exposure.
Auto: Applied in One-Shot AF mode with Evaluative metering when focus is achieved
Manual (user-set): By AE lock button in all metering modes
Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled1/8000 to 30 sec. (1/3-, 1/2-, or 1-stop increments: C.Fn I -1), X-sync at 1/300 sec.
- The shutter speed range can be limited with C.Fn I -12 and the aperture range limited with C.Fn I -13Soft-touch electromagnetic release10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay Canon N3-type terminal
Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled
1/8000 to 30 sec. (1/3-, 1/2-, or 1-stop increments: C.Fn I -1), X-sync at 1/300 sec.
- The shutter speed range can be limited with C.Fn I -12 and the aperture range limited with C.Fn I -13
Soft-touch electromagnetic release
10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay
Canon N3-type terminal
EOS Dedicated Speedlite
E-TTL II autoflash with all EX Series Speedlites
Zooming to Match Focal Length
E-TTL II autoflash
Flash Exposure Compensation
±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
External Flash Settings
Flash function settings, Flash C.Fn settings / Clear all Speedlite C.Fn's
Provided; accepts third-party flash units with sync line voltages up to 250V maximum
Single, silent, high-speed continuous (approx. 10 fps), low-speed continuous (approx. 3 fps), 10- or 2-sec. self-timer
Continuous Shooting Speed
Approx. 10 fps (at a shutter speed of 1/500 sec. or faster in all recording modes); fastest speed can be lowered if desired via Custom Function III-16
The maximum burst during continuous shooting is as follows:
JPEG Large (Compression rate 8): Approx. 85 shots, RAW: Approx. 26 shots,RAW+JPEG Large (Compression rate 8): Approx. 20 shots
Although the file size is larger than the EOS-1D Mark III due to the increase in pixels, the improved internal processing enables stress-free continuous shooting.
(1) Remote Live View shooting (with a personal computer installed with EOS Utility)
(2) Live View shooting
1) Manual focus
2) Autofocus (One-Shot AF)
- AF enabled by pressing the shutter button halfway or pressing the AF-ON button.
1. Live mode
- One point, contrast AF. Switching to another AF point possible.
2. (Face detection) Live mode
- Face detection, Contrast AF. When multiple faces are detected, face selection is possible with the multi-controller.
- Magnified view not possible.
3. Quick mode
- 45-point, phase-difference AF (Same as viewfinder shooting), One-shot AF.
- Manual AF point selection enabled.
Evaluative metering with the image sensor
EV 0-20 (at 23°C/73°F with EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
Magnifiable by 5x or 10x at AF point
TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
Approx. 920,000 dots (VGA)
Adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
- During playback, illumination adjustable by pressing the illumination button.
Single image, 4-image index, 9-image index, Jump, Magnified zoom (approx. 1.5x to 10x), Histogram, Auto rotate, Rotate
Live view: view image before shooting on LCD monitor; live histogram and live simulation of exposure level possible with C.Fn IV-16-1
Single image, all images in a folder, or all images in the memory card can be protected or cancel the image protection
Single image, all images in a folder, all images in the memory card or check-marked images can be erased or unprotected
RAW/M-RAW/S-RAW and JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
- Regarding RAW/M-RAW/S-RAW images, only those captured by the EOS-1D Mark IV can be printed.
- Movies cannot be printed.
Version 1.1 compatible
A total of 62 Custom Functions from C.Fn I to IV can be set with the camera
My Menu Registration
Save Camera Settings
Register Basic Camera Settings
C.Fn Registration Settings
Max. 30 sec. per sound clip/voice memo
(1) Shooting (2) Playback (3) Setup, (4) Custom function/My Menu
LCD Monitor Language
25: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian,Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech,Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
Battery Pack LP-E4 x 1
* With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E4, AC power is possible.
- At 73°F/23°C: Approx. 1500
- At 32°F/0°C: Approx. 1200
Live View Shooting
- At 73°F/23°C: Approx. 270
- At 32°F/0°C: Approx. 230
* Based on a fully-charged LP-E4 and CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) testing standards.
Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned ON Displayed in one of six levels
* Displayed on LCD panel, in the viewfinder, and battery information screen.
Provided. Power turns off after 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30 min.
One CR2025 lithium battery x 1
Approx. 0.1 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
* Approx. 0.2 sec. based on previous specification standard.
Dimensions (W x H x D)
6.1 x 6.2 x 3.1 in./156 x 156.6 x 79.9mm
Approx. 1180 g / 41.6 oz.
Working Temperature Range
Working Humidity Range
85% or less
Rechargeable lithium ion battery
11.1 V DC
Dimensions (W x H x D)
68.4 x 34.2 x 92.8mm/2.7 x 1.3 x 3.7 in.
180g/6.3 oz. (excluding protective cover)
Charger dedicated to the Battery Pack LP-E4
Approx. 120 min. (for 1 pack)
100-240 V AC (50/60 Hz)
12 V/24 V DC
12.6 V DC, 1.55 A
Working Temperature Range
0°C-40°C/32°F - 104°F
Working Humidity Range
85% or less
Dimensions (W x H x D)
155 x 52.3 x 95mm/6.1 x 2.1 x 3.7 in.
340g/12.0 oz. (excluding power cord and protective covers)
* Car Battery Cable CB-570 connectable.
12.6 V DC
11.1 V DC
Approx. 2.3 m/7.5 ft.
85% or less
Dimensions (W x H x D)
68.4 x 34.2 x 92.8mm/2.7 x 1.3 x 3.7 in.
165g/5.8 oz. (excluding protective cover)
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
Product Advisories for EOS-1D Mark IV
|Firmware Notice: EOS-1D Mark IV: Firmware Update Version 1.1.4||Firmware Notice||Jul 29, 2013|
|Safety Notice: Counterfeit Lithium-ion Battery Packs and Chargers (updated)||Safety Notice||Jan 24, 2012|
|Service Notice: EOS-1D Mark IV: Firmware Update Version 1.1.0||Service Notice||May 30, 2011|
|Service Notice: Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2IIA: Firmware Update Version 1.0.4||Firmware Notice||Aug 22, 2011|
|Service Notice: Information Regarding Original Data Security and Original Data Verification Kits||Service Notice||Jan 25, 2015|
Compatible Supplies & Accessories
Canon offers a wide range of compatible supplies and accessories that can enhance your user experience with you EOS-1D Mark IV that you can purchase direct. Scroll down to easily select items to add to your shopping cart for a faster, easier checkout. Visit the Canon Online Store
AC Adapter Kit ACK-E4
Canon ACK-E4 AC Adapter Kit for Canon EOS 1D Mark III SLR Digital Camera.
Angle Finder C (incl. Adapter Ec-C, Ed-C)
Angle Finder C lets you adjust the viewing angle while providing a 2.5x magnification for critical focusing with a full screen image that also shows exposure data.
Anti-Fog Eyepiece Eg
The Anti-Fog eyepiece uses specially treated advanced-process glass, which prevents condensation or fogging. Designed for use in warm and humid or cold weather when fogging is most likely to occur, and attaches easily to reduce condensation and help you maintain a clear view of your subject.
Battery Charger LC-E4
*Please note: You cannot charge any batteries other than Battery Pack LP-E4 with this charger.
Battery Pack LP-E4N
Designed to be used with the EOS-1D X, the LP-E4N is a high-capacity (2450 mAH) lithium-ion battery pack, offering approximately 10% larger capacity than the LP-E4. Exact battery info can be viewed on the camera's menu.
Belkin Mini HDMI RTL
This cable is designed for connecting to your television's component input so that you can playback both high-definition video and multichannel, digital audio quality through just one cable.
CB-570 Car Battery Cable
Combine the CB-570 with the CG-570 Battery Charger and charge your batteries directly from your car for the ultimate in power supply convenience.
Deluxe Back Pack 200EG
Backpack with carry handle and detachable strap. Holds 1-2 Cameras bodies, 3-4 lenses and accessories. Inside measurements (W x H x D): 10 x 14.75 x 5 inches. Rugged nylon, water-repellent, urethane coated for extra durability. Well-arranged divider system for secure storage and easy access. Lightweight construction, padded shoulder straps and back for comfort. Front webbing ideal for storing a light jacket. Tripod carrying straps. Color: Black with Olive.
Deluxe Gadget Bag 10EG
This gadget bag is an excellent value, with all the quality material of the Professional 1, at a slightly smaller size. It is designed to hold two 35mm SLR bodies, 5 - 8 lenses, plus film and accessories. It features full padding and interior partitions, leather reinforcing, high strength quick-release buckles, padded exterior pockets, leather snap handle and shoulder strap. Size: 10.5" (W) x 8"(H) x 7.5" (D)
Deluxe Tripod 200
This lightweight, high quality tripod is designed for easy portability and maximum stability. It features a 3-way pan head for precise control and smooth movement. The 3-section tubular leg construction allows for exceptional stability indoors or out.
Dioptric Adjustment Lens Eg (+1)
Dioptric Adjustment Lens Eg (+2)
Dioptric Adjustment Lens Eg (+3)
Dioptric Adjustment Lens Eg (-2)
Dioptric Adjustment Lens Eg (-3)
Dioptric Adjustment Lens Eg (-4)
Dioptric Adjustment Lens Eg (0)
Canon Eyecup EG for EOS 1D and 1Ds Mark III Digital Cameras.
FOCUSING SCREEN EC-S
The Canon Ec-S Focusing Screen with Canon's exclusive Super Precision Matte technology makes it easy for professional photographers to determine the precise point of sharpest focus during manual focusing. This is because the microlens on the screen's matte is optimally shaped to increase defocusing near the point of focus.
Focusing Screen Ec-A
Focusing Screen Ec-CII
Focusing Screen Ec-CIV
The Canon EC-CIV Focusing Screen laser matte achieves easier focusing and good background blur. It is brighter, less grainy and better balanced.
Focusing Screen Ec-D
The Ec-D focusing screen is a matte field with grid lines that assist in composition for close-up and copy work. The camera's AF points remain fully visible. It is for general photography.
Focusing Screen Ec-H
The Canon Ec-H Focusing Screen is a matte field with vertical and horizontal scales marked in mm. It is for close-up and microphotography, and for determining magnification ratios and composition.
Focusing Screen Ec-I
Focusing Screen Ec-L
Focusing Screen Ec-N
The Ec-N focusing screen has a Bright Laser Matte field with an AF ellipse center focusing spot. It is for general photography. Standard for EOS 3.
Focusing Screen Ec-R
The Canon Ec-R Focusing Screen compensates for decreased brightness due to low reflection from pellicle mirror. It is an overall bright laser matte and incorporates center spot metering. Standard for EOS 1N RS.
Mini-HDMI Cable: connects Canon HD Camcorders/select PowerShot Cameras to HDMI compatible TV.
Hand Strap E1
Hand strap E1 requires Battery Grip BG-E2
Hand Strap E2
The Canon Hand Strap E2 is designed to add support and comfort to hand-holding a Canon SLR camera. The strap attaches to the eyelets at the sides of the camera.
LC-5 Wireless Controller for EOS
Extended range wireless controller system.
LENS CASE 200
Original Data Security Kit OSK-E3
Professional Gadget Bag 1EG
Large gadget bag for the traveling professional. Size: 14.2" (W) x 8.7"(H) x 8.3"(D). This bag is designed to hold two 35mm SLR camera bodies, seven to ten lenses, flash, film, accessories, etc. It features full padding and interior dividers for came
Remote Switch RS-80N3
Remote switch for EOS cameras with the N3-type socket to prevent camera shake for super telephoto shots, macro photography shots and bulb exposures. The Remote Switch works just like a shutter button, enabling halfway or complete pressing. It has a shutter-release lock and a 2.6ft/80cm cord.
Timer Remote Controller TC-80N3
Remote switch for EOS cameras with the N3-type socket. This remote switch has a self-timer, interval timer, long exposure timer and exposure-count setting feature. The timer can be set from 1 second to 99 hours. A new dial enables you to easily enter the numeric settings with a single thumb. It has an illuminated LCD panel and a 2.6ft/80cm cord.
USB Cable IFC-200U
The Canon IFC-200U USB Interface Cable enables you to transfer your camera pictures to a computer fast. The cable connects to your camera and to the USB port on your PC or MAC Computer. Comes standard with the EOS 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 7D, 60D, 50D, 40D, Rebel T2i, Rebel T1i, Rebel XSi and Rebel XS. Please see Compatibility tab for compatible models.
USB Cable IFC-500U
The Canon IFC-500U USB Interface Cable enables you to transfer your camera pictures to a computer fast. The cable connects to your camera and to the USB port on your PC or MAC Computer. Please see Compatibility tab for compatible models.
Video Cable AVC-DC400ST
Enables direct image display from the EOS to an HD television or a similar display device. Comes standard with the EOS 1D Mark IV, 7D, 60D, Rebel T3i and Rebel T2i. Please see Compatibility tab for compatible models.
Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2 II A
IEEE 802.11 a/b/g wireless communication unit for EOS-1D series Mark IV and Mark III cameras. Works with FTP and Wi-Fi Protected Setups (WPS). Supports Canon's new Camera Linking feature. Supports USB Host connection to GPS unit or external HD.
Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2A
Software Developers Kit General Information
Current SDK Versions as of April 13, 2016
EDSDK 3.4 for EOS digital cameras
- What are the Canon Digital Camera SDKs?
- Do the Canon Digital Camera SDKs replace the software supplied with my Canon digital camera?
- Who is eligible to apply for a Canon Digital Camera SDK?
- Canon Digital Camera SDK Application Procedures & License Agreement
- Canon Digital Camera SDK Distribution Methods
- Canon Digital Camera SDK Technical Support, Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- Canon Digital Camera SDK Compatibility Charts
- Canon Digital Camera SDK Compatibility Charts, System Requirements & Support Applications
1. What are the Canon Digital Camera SDKs?
SSDK stands for Software Development Kit. The SDKs for EOS Digital SLRs and PowerShot compact digital cameras are separate. There are two (2) current Canon Digital Camera SDK versions:
- EDSDK 3.4 Windows version for select EOS Digital SLRs
- EDSDK 3.4 Macintosh version for select EOS Digital SLRs
The Canon Digital Camera SDKs comprise a set of APIs, DLLs, and static link libraries that provide an interface for accessing Canon digital cameras and data generated by Canon digital cameras.
EDSDK 3.4 Windows and Macintosh version support remote control for some EOS cameras, RAW image conversion and downloading from select EOS Digital SLRs.
All Canon Digital Camera SDK versions are written in C. There are no current ActiveX versions.
The Digital Camera SDKs do not replace the software that was supplied with your Canon digital camera. If you have reached this page in error while looking for Canon digital camera software, please go to the following web page:
This page links to support pages for specific Canon digital cameras. On each digital camera support page, we provide a link to all Canon digital camera software available online for that model, including free updates for ZoomBrowser EX and ImageBrowser for customers who have installed earlier versions of these applications.
If you are a resident of the U.S. and you have misplaced or damaged your original software CD and wish to replace it, you may purchase the latest Canon Digital Camera Software Solutions disc for your camera through Canon USA's Customer Support Center at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). Residents of other countries should contact their regional Canon customer support center for further assistance.
Software developers residing in North, Central and South America are eligible to apply for Canon Digital Camera SDKs through the Canon U.S.A., Inc. web site, i.e., this web site.
PLEASE NOTE: We are prohibited by Canon Inc. from distributing Digital Camera SDKs to developers residing outside our sales area. SDK applications received from developers residing outside our sales areas will be rejected.
European, African and Middle East-based developers are requested to register with Canon Europa at:
Australian and New Zealand-based developers are requested to contact Canon Australia at:
Developers based in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand are requested to register with Canon Asia at:
Developers residing in countries other than those listed above are directed to contact their regional Canon office for information regarding SDK availability in their area.
The SDK application form is available to you after you read and agree to the terms of the Canon Digital Camera SDK License Agreement. Please be sure to fill out all required fields in the online application form with complete and accurate data if you wish to receive the SDK.
When you submit an SDK application, you get a registration confirmation screen informing you that your SDK application has been received and that it will be reviewed as soon as possible. Upon approval, you will receive downloading instructions via e-mail. Typically, approvals are issued within 1 to 2 business days after receipt. If the SDK application is not approved, we will attempt to send you an explanation by e-mail. If your SDK application is approved, you will be asked to accept the terms of the Canon Digital Camera SDK License Agreement before being permitted to download the SDK. Additionally, each time a new SDK is released, it is necessary to resubmit the SDK application online in order to receive the latest version of the Canon Digital Camera SDK. This new application also enables us to notify you of new versions of the SDK as they are released.
Current Canon Digital Camera SDKs are available for download to approved developers at our password-protected web site. If you have any difficulty accessing our web page or downloading the SDK after your approval, please let us know and we will be happy to send you a copy on CD-ROM.
Occasionally, there have been instances where our SDK approval notifications have not been received because they were blocked by the recipient's e-mail spam filter. In such cases, we don't know about it unless it's reported. To ensure reception of your SDK approval notification, please register the following e-mail address in your e-mail system's list of approved contacts:
Developers who've experienced difficulties downloading the SDKs on the Windows platform through Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser have reported successful results with Firefox and Safari browsers.
Please note that as per the current SDK License Agreement, the Canon Digital Camera SDKs are offered as is, without technical support. However, the current SDKs are provided with written documentation as well as several tutorials and sample files.
Bug reports or new feature requests for the Canon Digital Camera SDKs should be submitted via e-mail to:
Only the following cameras are supported:
RAW development: 64bit-OSs
- EOS-1D X Mark II / EOS 80D / EOS Rebel T6 / EOS M10 / EOS 5DS / EOS 5DS R / EOS Rebel / EOS Rebel T6i / EOS M3
RAW development: 32bit-OSs, Remote function: 64bit-OSs/32bit-OSs
- EOS-1D X Mark II / EOS 80D / EOS Rebel T6 / EOS M10*
- EOS 5DS / EOS 5DS R / EOS REBEL T6s / EOS REBEL T6i / EOS M3*
- EOS-1D C / EOS M* / EOS 6D / EOS M2* / EOS 7D Mark II
- EOS-1D X / 1D Mark III / 1Ds Mark III / 1D Mark IV
- EOS 40D / 50D / 5D Mark II / 5D Mark III / 7D / 60D / 60Da / 70D
- Rebel XSi
- Rebel XS
- Rebel T1i
- Rebel T2i
- Rebel T3i
- Rebel T4i
- Rebel T3
- Rebel T5i
- Rebel SL1
- Rebel T5
(*) In the case of EOS M, EOS M2, EOS M3, and EOS M10 remote shooting function is not supported.
SDK's Name: Canon EOS Digital SDK (EDSDK) v3.4 for Windows
System Requirements: Windows:
Pentium 1.3GHz or higher Pentium processor
At least 1GB RAM
SDK's Name: Canon EOS Digital SDK (EDSD) v3.4 for Macintosh
System Requirements: Macintosh:
At least 1GB RAM
OS: Mac OS X 10.9 - 10.11