Firmware Notice: Connect Station CS100: Firmware Version 2.5.1
Thank you for using Canon products.
The latest firmware for the Connect Station CS100 is now available. In order to update the firmware, the CS100 device must be connected to the Internet. Please see detailed instructions below.
Firmware Version 2.5.1 incorporates the following enhancements:
- Movie upload functionality with the Connect Station App has been added. *1,*2,*3,*4
- Ability to [Send/receive images]
between a mobile device and the Connect Station CS100 outside of a home network
has been enabled. (Internet connection required) *1
- Support for more image sources
and file types has been added. See instruction manual for Connect Station CS100
for more details. *1
- Decreased the time necessary
to [Copy multiple images].
- [Loop playback] functionality
has been added.
- A [Disable] option to the [Auto standby] setting in the [Preferences] menu has been added. *5
*1 Requires the latest version of the Connect Station App to be
installed on the mobile device.
*2 Proper playback is not guaranteed with movies captured with a mobile device.
*3 The orientation of the Movies captured with a mobile device can be converted for playback when imported to the Connect Station CS100.
*4 If the movie being imported has UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) date information, then that date information is saved after the movie is imported to the Connect Station CS100. If the footage does not have UTC date information, then the imported date will be the date information for the move file.
*5 When [Auto standby] is set to [Disable], and the monitor is displayed for a prolonged period of time, screen burn-in may occur.
For detailed information about the functions of the Connect Station CS100, please refer to the latest instruction manual which can be found on the Canon Web site.
This firmware update is for Connect Station CS100 with Firmware up to Version 2.0.4.
Cautions Regarding Use of the CS100
Movies larger than 4GB captured with the EOS-1D X Mark II cannot be imported to the CS100 using a wired connection. Please use a memory card to transfer such movies.
Firmware Update Procedure
Cautions while performing the firmware update:
Firmware update procedure
- Turn on the power of the CS100, and connect the device to the Internet.
*For details on how to connect the CS100 to the Internet, please see the user’s manual.
- Press the <Home> button on the remote control, and check whether [ ! ] appears over the “Preferences” item, and if so, select the “Preferences” item, and then press <SET>.
- Press the <Right> button of Cross keys on the remote control, select the tab in the image below, and after checking that [ ! ] appears next to [Update Firmware], select [Update Firmware], and then press <SET>.
- Press <MENU> on the remote control to start downloading and updating the firmware.
Firmware version confirmation method
- Press the <Right> button of Cross keys on the remote control, select the tab in the image below, and check whether the information on the [Update Firmware] screen indicates the latest firmware version.
If you have not already done so, please register your Connect Station CS100. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|