Firmware Notice: DP-V2410: Firmware Version 1.1
Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 1.1 incorporates the following improvements:
- Adds the capability to check video captured in "Hybrid Log-Gamma"* and Canon's proprietary "Canon Log 3" and "Canon Log 3 (HDR)" gamma settings.
- New support has been added for the ALEXA SXT cameras made by ARRI: camera image quality linkup function to link gamma and color gamut information, camera linkup supports the display of the metadata and "Area Markers".
- Adds "2-Sample Interleave" to the "Image Division" setting.
- Support for the "3G-SDI Dual Link" video signal has been added.
- A function has been added that allows for 2K/HD 2-screen and 4-screen video signals to be displayed together. The "HDR/SDR View function" has been added for use during 2-screen display.
- "Wave Form Monitor function" now supports the scale of "Canon Log/Canon Log2/Canon Log3" and "SMPTE ST 2084".
- The 4x and 8x magnification levels have been added to "Zoom function". It is possible to enlarge any position and to preset the zoom magnification and position.
- "Local Dimming Auto", which increases the suppression of the black level as compared with that with earlier firmware versions, has been added to "Backlight Control function".
- Adds the capability to select an "Off" setting for "Color Temperature".
- Adds the capability to select "1.0" or "Off" setting for "Gamma".
- The "CDL" settings have been changed to the "CDL/User LUT" settings.
- The "Off" function has been added to the "CDL/User LUT" settings. In the CDL processing area, "LUT Import", "LUT Name" settings and "LUT Delete" functions are available.
- Adds the capability to set a "YCbCr Color Matrix" for "Detail Settings".
- An increased number of functions can be registered to the Function Buttons.
- Decreased the amount of time the black screen is displayed when signals are switched.
* Draft Recommendation ITU-R BT. [HDR-TV] supported (as of January 25, 2016)
Firmware Version 1.1 is for the DP-V2410 4K Reference Display running Firmware Version 1.0. If the Reference Display's firmware is already version 1.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Preparations for updating the firmware
It is recommended that current settings are exported before attempting to update the firmware. Once the firmware is updated, settings can be imported back to the display.
The downloaded folder contains the new firmware. (Filename: "update_dpv2410.rom", file size: 20,319,584 bytes)It also contains the firmware update procedure document (multilingual PDF file in following languages: Japanese, English, French, German and Chinese (simplified characters).Before proceeding to update the firmware, please read the firmware update procedure document.
The following items are required to perform the firmware update:
- Video Display unit
- Personal computer
- USB memory (FAT16 or FAT32)
- Firmware (The downloaded file)
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
If you have not already done so, please register your DP-V2410. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future service upgrades.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|