Firmware Notice: DP-V2420: Firmware Version 1.1
Firmware Version 1.1 incorporates the following improvements:
- The checking of 4K RAW video output from an “EOS C700 / EOS C700 GS PL” is now supported.
- Video captured using an anamorphic lens can now be checked by de-squeezing it to the original aspect ratio.
- Camera metadata information can now be obtained from all “EOS C700 / EOS C700 GS PL” output signals to display information and switch based on the image quality settings.
- Camera metadata information can now be obtained from other output signals in addition to the conventional “EOS C300 Mark II” RAW signal to display information and switch based on the image quality settings.
- “ARRI LUT 2020 PQ 1K” and “ARRI LUT 2020 PQ 2K” LUT settings for ARRI cinema cameras were added to “User LUT.”
- The checking of ICtCp color space video based on “ITU-R BT.2100” the next-generation broadcast standard is now supported.
- When displaying 4K/2K video, one screen can now be split horizontally to check different levels of image quality such as comparing HDR and SDR (Standard Dynamic Range).
- 4K video can now be reduced to show two screens side by side to check different levels of image quality such as comparing HDR and SDR.
- The usability of the function which shows 2K videos side by side to check different levels of image quality, such as a comparison of HDR and SDR, has been improved.
- “False Color” now supports the display of the HDR video standard “SMPTE ST 2084 (PQ)” and “Hybrid Log-Gamma.”
- A function was added to “Color Gamut” to tint colors that cannot be expressed with ITU-R BT.709 when displaying video using ITU-R BT.2020 settings.
- “Hybrid Log-Gamma”, “ST 2084 (PQ) Full”, and “ST 2084 (PQ) Limited” scale displays were added to “Wave Form Monitor.”
- The use of a LAN terminal (serial remote terminal) to display the source name and tally information on the screen is now supported. (Supports TSL UMD Protocol Ver.5.0)
- “SDI Full” (black level: 4, white level: 1019, 10-bit) is now added to “Color Range.”
- “Power Indicator/Button LED settings” now added.
- When the peak brightness control is applied, it is now possible to light up the “Function Button” (factory default: F8 button) that the function is registered to and turn off the other buttons and character displays.
- “Function Settings” is now added to “Protect Target” under the “Protect Settings” to enable or disable the operation of the function settings.
- Custom character strings can now be displayed when configuring the in-monitor display.
- The automatic operation of the “Color Range” is now modified to change based on the settings when “Gamma” is set to “SMPTE ST 2084 (PQ).”
- “Automatic” is now added to the “Audio Input” setting items under “Channel Settings.”
- The fan noise is now reduced.
- Screen capture is now supported in a MultiView (Dual/Quad) configuration.
- You can switch to the Registration screen by pressing and holding the “Function Button.”
- The list can be displayed by pressing and holding the “Channel Button.”
- Initial settings are now added to “User1-3” and “CH (Channel) 4-9” under “Picture Mode.”
- “Preset Gamut 1 to 709”, “Preset Gamut 1 to 2020”, “Preset Gamut 1 to DCI”, “Preset Gamut 2 to 709”, “Preset Gamut 2 to 2020”, and “Preset Gamut 2 to DCI” is now added to “Color Gamut.”
- “Preset Log 1” and “Preset Log 2” is now added to “Gamma.”
- HDR Range adjustment is now possible when “Gamma” is set to “Gamma LUT 1~8.”
- In addition, we corrected inadequacies and improved the operation performance.
Firmware Version 1.1 is for the DP-V2420 4K Reference Display running Firmware Version 1.0. If the Reference Display's firmware is already version 1.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Preparations for updating the firmware
It is recommended that current settings are exported before
attempting to update the firmware. Once the firmware is updated, settings can
be imported back to the display.
The downloaded folder contains the new firmware. (Filename: "update_dpv2420.rom", file size: 21,973,931 bytes)It also contains the firmware update procedure document (multilingual PDF file in following languages: Japanese, English, French, German and Chinese (simplified characters).Before proceeding to update the firmware, please read the firmware update procedure document.
The following items are required to perform the firmware update:
- Display unit
- Personal computer
- USB memory (FAT16 or FAT32)
- Firmware (The downloaded file)
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
If you have not already done so, please register your DP-V2420. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future service upgrades.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|