Firmware Notice: DP-V3010 Reference Display: Firmware Version 1.3
Firmware Version 1.3 incorporates the following improvements:
- Adds the capability to check video captured in "Hybrid Log-Gamma"* and Canon's proprietary "Canon Log 3" and "Canon Log 3 (HDR)" gamma settings.
- "Wave Form Monitor function" now supports the scale of "Canon Log/Canon Log2/Canon Log3" and "SMPTE ST 2084".
- "Local Dimming Auto", which suppresses the black level to a greater degree than before, has been added to "Backlight Control function".
- Adds the capability to select an "Off" setting for "Color Temperature".
- Adds the capability to select "1.0" or "Off" setting for "Gamma".
- The "CDL" settings have been changed to the "CDL/User LUT" settings.
- The "Off" function has been added to the "CDL/User LUT" settings. In the CDL processing area, "LUT Import", "LUT Name" settings and "LUT Delete" functions are available.
- An increased number of functions can be registered to the Function Buttons.
- Decreased the amount of time the black screen is displayed when signals are switched.
* Draft Recommendation ITU-R BT. [HDR-TV] supported (as of January 25, 2016)
Firmware Version 1.3 is for the DP-V3010 4K Reference Display running Firmware Version 1.2 or earlier. If the Reference Display’s firmware is already version 1.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
for updating the firmware
It is recommended that current settings are exported before attempting to update the firmware. Once the firmware is updated, settings can be imported back to the display.
The downloaded folder contains the new firmware. (Filename: "update.rom", file size: 15,071,927 bytes)It also contains the firmware update procedure document (multilingual PDF file in following languages: Japanese, English, French, German and Chinese (simplified characters).Before proceeding to update the firmware, please read the firmware update procedure document.
The following items are required to perform the firmware update:
- Video Display unit
Display controller provided with Video Display unit
- Personal computer
- USB memory (FAT16 or FAT32)
- Firmware (The downloaded file)
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
If you have not already done so, please register your DP-V3010. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future service upgrades.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|