Firmware Notice: EOS 5D Mark III: Firmware Version 1.3.5
Firmware Version 1.3.5 incorporates the following fix.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
Firmware Version 1.3.5 is for cameras with firmware up to Version
1.3.4. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.3.5, it is not necessary
to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- Once the EOS 5D Mark III camera is updated to Version 1.3.3 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware Version (Version 1.0.7 through 1.2.3).
- It is recommended that the latest application
software*1 be used, once the EOS 5D Mark III is updated to the new firmware
Version 1.2.0 (or later) from older firmware (Versions 1.0.7 through 1.1.3).
Certain previous versions of these applications do not support functions which
are added by the new firmware.
- In order to use EOS Utility software with the updated
EOS 5D Mark III, the EOS Utility software must be updated to the latest version.
You can download the latest application software from our Web site.
*1: EOS Utility Version 2.12.11 or later (Supported OSes:
Windows 7 / 7 SP1 / VistaSP2 / XP SP3, Mac OS X v10.6 / 10.7)
*1: Digital Photo Professional Version 3.12.52 or later (Supported OSes: Windows 7 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3, Mac OS X v10.6 / 10.7)
When cameras, or images taken with cameras, have been
updated to the new Firmware Version 1.2.0 (or later), and are used with the old
version application software*2, the following phenomena will occur.
*2: EOS Utility
- The "HDMI output" function, "HDMI output setting" or "HDMI output frame rate setting" cannot be registered to My Menu of the camera.
- The lens aberration compensation data cannot be registered to the camera.
*2: Digital Photo Professional
- If the Lens Aberration Correction Window is chosen when working with a RAW image taken with a camera running Firmware Version 1.2.0 (or later), the adjustment window will automatically shut down and the adjustment (correction) cannot be made.
- Due to the differences in the camera firmware versions,
the following phenomena will occur.*3
*3: RAW images taken with a Firmware Version 1.2.0 (or later) camera cannot be processed on cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.3 or before.
*3: When images taken with a camera running Firmware Version 1.2.0 (or later), are read by a camera running Firmware Version 1.1.3 or older, Direct print is not possible.
- Accompanying the enhancements to the functions, the instruction manual has also been revised. Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the instruction manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our Web site.
If you have not already done so, please register your Canon Product. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support