Firmware Notice EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R Firmware Version 1.1.1
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes:
- Corrects a phenomenon in which shooting may not be completed while using HDR (High Dynamic Range) Mode, when certain combinations of settings are selected.
- Corrects the phenomenon of Err70 which occurs with certain combinations of settings.
- Corrects the level display when the camera is held in the vertical orientation with the hand grip pointing downward.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which, when using certain CF cards, it may take approximately five seconds for the camera to power on depending on when the camera's power switch was turned <ON>.
Please review the instructions thoroughly before updating the
firmware on your camera.
The firmware update takes approximately 6 minutes.
Please note that the firmware for EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R is different.
(1) The firmware cannot be updated when the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 is
inserted into the camera.
(2) Once the camera is updated to Version 1.1.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware Version 1.0.1.
(3) EOS 5DS cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0 (or later) require the latest version of EOS Utility and Camera Connect.
- EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later can be downloaded from Canon our Web site. Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
of application software that support Firmware Version 1.1.0 (or later) of the
- EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later
- Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later
(4) Download the latest version of the Instruction Manual which contains information regarding the enhancements incorporated into Version 1.1.0 firmware.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: 5DS00111.FIR / file size: 32,808,000 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS 5DS and the EOS 5DR R. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|