Firmware Notice: EOS 7D Mark II: Firmware Version 1.1.0
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancements:
- Support for Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 has been added.
- An option has been added which allows select
STM lenses*1 to be retracted or remain extended when the power to the camera
has been turned off.
*1 EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, or EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lenses
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.5. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- The firmware cannot be updated when Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 is inserted into the camera.
7D Mark II cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0 require the latest version of
EOS Utility and Camera Connect. EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later can be
downloaded from our Web site.
Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later can be downloaded from App Store or Google Play.
- Versions of application software that support
Firmware Version 1.1.0 of the camera
EOS Utility 3.5.0 or later
Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later
* EOS Utility is supported on the following OSes:
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7, Mac OS X 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11
* Camera Connect is supported on the following OSes:
iOS 8.4 / 9.3, Android 4.1-4.4 / 5.0-5.1 / 6.0
- Versions of application software that support Firmware Version 1.1.0 of the camera
- Download the latest version of the Instruction Manual which
contains information regarding the enhancements provided in this firmware
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS 7D Mark II. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
Contact Information for Inquiries
|Canon Customer Support Center