Firmware Notice: EOS C300 Mark II & EOS C300 Mark II PL: Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Support for the separately-sold EVF-V70※1 OLED Electronic Viewfinder has been added.
- Shutter Angle Priority has been added. A constant shutter angle can now be maintained, regardless of any other camera settings being changed.
- Support for separately-sold the WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter has been added.
- Zebra range expanded below 65%.
— The range of the Zebra 1 setting has been expanded to between 5% (±5%) and 95% (±5%) in steps of 5%.
— The range of the Zebra 2 setting has been expanded to between 5% and 100% in steps of 5%.
- Audio off option added for the built-in microphone.
— The internal microphone on the camera body can now be turned off.
- In Browser Remote, the focus guide frame can now be displayed.
- Audio recording available during 2K Crop.
— Audio can now be recorded when the camera is set in 2K crop mode.
- Support for CFast cards (VPG130) has been added.*2
- Support for peripheral illumination & chromatic aberration when the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens is attached, has been added.
- Metadata related to the XF-AVC range has been corrected.
— The range of Canon Log/Log2/Log3 has been corrected to full range.
- The quality of autofocus has been enhanced.
- The operation reliability after changing the recording mode has been enhanced.
※1 When using the EVF-V70, magnification while recording and the function to display the camera’s live view image on the Browser Remote screen cannot be used.
※2 For detailed information about CFast cards that have been verified to work with this camera, please visit Canon’s Web site.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C300 Mark II cameras running firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 - 18.104.22.168.00. If your camera's firmware is already version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C300 Mark II PL. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: pro.usa.canon.com/support|