Firmware Notice: EOS C300 Mark II / EOS C300 Mark II PL Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, depending on usage conditions, the camera freezes when a VPG130 CFast card is used simultaneously with a non VPG130 CFast card. *1
- Adds a [-1] *3 option to the [Noise Reduction] setting under Custom Picture Settings to completely cancel the effects of noise reduction. *2
the panel light control mechanism of the viewfinder.
*1 This applies to cameras equipped with Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00
*2 This applies to cameras equipped with Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 - 22.214.171.124.00.
*3 On cameras equipped with Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 or later, even if the [Noise Reduction] setting is set to [Off], a small amount of noise reduction is still applied. If the [-1] setting is selected, no noise reduction is applied, so the amount of noise will increase compared to when the [Off] setting is selected. Furthermore, when displaying the metadata of clips captured with the [-1] setting using Canon XF Utility Ver. 2.1 - 3.2, the [Noise Reduction] setting will be displayed as blank.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 188.8.131.52.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C300 Mark II cameras running firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 - 220.127.116.11.00. If your camera's firmware is already version 18.104.22.168.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C300 Mark II PL. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: pro.usa.canon.com/support|