Firmware Notice: EOS C700 / EOS C700 PL: Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 incorporates the following enhancements.
- Adds a [-1]*1 option to the [Noise Reduction] setting under Custom Picture Settings to completely cancel the effects of noise reduction.
menu operations so that when changing the menu settings under specific
conditions*2, the settings related to [Sub Rec (XF-AVC)] or [Double
/ Relay Rec] will be retained.
*1 On this product, even if the [Noise Reduction] setting is set to [Off], a small amount of noise reduction is still applied. If the [-1] setting is selected, no noise reduction is applied, so the amount of noise will increase compared to when the [Off] setting is selected. Furthermore, when displaying the metadata of clips captured with the [-1] setting using Canon XF Utility Ver. 3.2, the [Noise Reduction] setting will be displayed as blank.
*2 The menu operations are improved under the following conditions listed below:
- When resuming normal recording from slow & fast motion recording, the setting selected for the sub recording [Recording Media] or [Double Slot Rec] submenu before slow & fast motion recording will be restored.
- When changing the setting selected for the sub recording [Recording Media] submenu, the setting for the [Resolution/Sampling] submenu will not change.
- With the [Relay Recording] and [Double Slot Recording] settings both set to [On], if the [Double Slot Recording] setting is later set to [Off], the [Relay Recording] setting will still be [On].
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 128MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C700 cameras running firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 – 220.127.116.11.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 18.104.22.168.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the unit’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
- For customers who are using the optional OU-700 Remote Operation Unit, the firmware of the camera and the OU-700 Remote Operation Unit have to be the same. After updating the camera firmware, connect the camera with the OU-700 to update the firmware of the OU-700 from the camera’s system settings.
If you have not already done so, please register your Canon Product. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|