Firmware Notice: EOS-1D X: Firmware Version 2.1.0
Firmware Version 2.1.0 incorporates the following improvement and fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Changes the maximum number of “Release
cycles” displayed from 1,000,000 cycles to 9,999,000 cycles. This value can be
checked under the “Camera system information” menu.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a
synchronization failure may occur during multiple flash shooting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which Error 80 occurs depending on the shutter release timing.
Firmware Version 2.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version
2.0.9. If the camera's firmware is already Version 2.1.0, it is not necessary
to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to Version 2.0.9, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.2 through 2.0.8).
- It is recommended
that the latest application software*1 be used, once the EOS-1D X is updated to
the firmware Version 2.0.3 (or later) from older firmware (Versions 1.0.2
through 1.2.4). Certain previous versions of these applications do not support
functions which are added by the new firmware.
You can download the latest application software from our Web site.
*1: EOS Utility version 2.13.30 or later
*1: Digital Photo Professional version 3.13.50 or later
- Accompanying the
enhancements to the functions, the instruction manual has also been revised.
Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the instruction
manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our Web site.
- As a result of
this fix, cameras with Firmware Version 2.0.7 (or later) will not be able to
read the "camera settings file" created with cameras running Firmware
Version 2.0.3 (or earlier). If you require the "camera settings
file", please create it after updating to firmware version 2.0.7 (or
If you have not already done so, please register your Canon Product. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|