Firmware Notice: EOS-1D X Mark II: Firmware Version 1.1.4
Firmware Version 1.1.4 incorporates the following improvements and fix:
- Support has been added for chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer when using Digital Photo Professional to process RAW images captured with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 17mm f/4L, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Support for Exif 2.31 has been added.
The Version 1.1.4 firmware being released at this time is for
cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.3 or earlier. If the camera's firmware is
already Version 1.1.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately six minutes.
- Once the EOS-1D X Mark II is updated to Version 1.1.2 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.0.2).
- Camera settings files created using a camera running Firmware Version 1.0.2 (or earlier) cannot be used on a camera running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later).
- Please use the latest EOS Utility version with the EOS-1D X Mark II after the camera has been updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later). The latest version of EOS Utility can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site.EOS Utility Version 3.5.00 or later support cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later)
- Accompanying functional improvements of Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later), the instructional manual has been revised. The latest version of the instruction manual can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site, so please download the instruction manual together with the new firmware.
- When using Version 4.7.10 (or earlier) of Digital Photo Professional to edit JPEG/RAW images captured with a camera updated to Firmware Version 1.1.4 (or later), some of the Exif data may be deleted. In addition, chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer cannot be used when processing RAW images captured using a TS-E lens (TS-E17mm F4L, TS-E24mm F3.5L II, TS-E50mm F2.8L Macro, TS-E90mm F2.8L Macro, or TS-E135mm F4L Macro). Please be sure to update Digital Photo Professional to Version 4.7.20 (or later) before performing image processing.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: 1DX20114.FIR / file size: xx,xxx,xxx bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS-1D X Mark II. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.