Firmware Notice: EOS-1DX Mark II Firmware Version 1.1.3
Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following improvements and corrections.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which the drive mode icon is not correctly displayed when using custom shooting modes (C1/C2/C3).
- Changes the maximum number of “Release cycles” displayed from 1,000,000 cycles to 9,999,000 cycles. This value can be checked under the “Camera system information” menu.
- Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function within EOS Utility 3 software.
The Version 1.1.3 firmware being released at this time is for
cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.2 or earlier. If the camera's firmware is already
Version 1.1.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately six minutes.
- Once the EOS-1D X Mark II is updated to Version 1.1.2 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.0.2).
- Camera settings files created using a camera running Firmware Version 1.0.2 (or earlier) cannot be used on a camera running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later).
- Please use the latest EOS Utility version with the EOS-1D X Mark
II after the camera has been updated
to Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later). The latest version of EOS Utility can be
downloaded from Canon’s Web site.
EOS Utility Version 3.5.00 or later support cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later)
*Supported OSes of EOS Utility are
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 SP1、Mac OS X v10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11
- Accompanying functional improvements of Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later), the instructional manual has been revised. The latest version of the instruction manual can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site, so please download the instruction manual together with the new firmware.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: 1DX20113.FIR / file size: 41,717,984 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS-1D X Mark II. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.