Firmware Notice: VIXIA GX10: Firmware Version 184.108.40.206
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 incorporates the following enhancements:
- The flicker reduction function has been added.
- Enhances menu operations so that the Browser Remote setting options are retained after switching off the camera.
- Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
version 18.104.22.168 is for updating VIXIA/LEGRIA GX10
cameras running firmware version 22.214.171.124. If your camera's
firmware is already version 126.96.36.199,
it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the
latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- In the detail, Please refer to the latest user's manual that we will release at the same time of firmware release.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VNA1.FIM / file size: 29,818,912 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An VIXIA/LEGRIA GX10 camcorder
- A computer (OS
requirements: Windows 10,
Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.13)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory
card with a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially
available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the
- Compact power adapter bundled with the
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
If you have not already done so, please register your VIXIA GX10. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future service upgrades.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|