Firmware Notice: XF405 / XF400: Information and Workaround for Issues Related to Interlaced Recording and White Balance
Thank you for using Canon products.
We have determined that a recording error may occur with the XF405 / XF400. The details of the phenomenon and support plan are described below.
Preparations are underway to incorporate improvements/revisions for the phenomenon into the latest Firmware for the XF405 / XF400. Once this Firmware is available for download, we will make an announcement on our website.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to customers, and we ask for your ongoing patience.
- Image quality degradation, such as color misalignment or edge distortion, may occur in the recorded footage when using the following combination of settings:
- recording format XF-AVC
- frame rate 59.94i（50.00i）
- 1920x1080 resolution
- Depending on usage conditions, a white balance error may occur when using Auto mode or a Special Scene mode* (*Portrait/Sports/Night Scene/Snow/Low Light/Spotlight).
For Phenomenon 1:
Users should use
a configuration that does not include the settings listed above, although we
acknowledge that this may not be possible for all users.
Note: This Phenomenon only affects internally recorded footage. Output signals from the output terminals are not affected.
For Phenomenon 2:
Perform the following sequence:
- Set the white balance setting to [AWB] in any of the P/Tv/Av/M modes.
- Select Auto mode or a Special Scene mode of your preference after having made the setting above (if needed).
Phenomenon 1: XF405 / XF400 Camcorders
equipped with Firmware Version 184.108.40.206
Phenomenon 2: XF405 / XF400 Camcorders equipped with Firmware Versions 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
Version 22.214.171.124 has been removed from Canon’s Web site.
The new firmware will be released in the near future.
If you have not already done so, please register the XF405 and XF400. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|