Firmware Notice: XF405 / XF400: Firmware Version 22.214.171.124
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 incorporates the following fixes:
- IP streaming has been added, which is an image (video) transmission method.
- Support for the [Reset] function that resets the clip number when the reel number is set, has been added.
- Setting custom white balance, <Set WB>, has been added to the list of selections available to the assignable button.
- 3G-SDI Mapping, Level A and Level B, has been added.（XF405 model only）
- A vertical filter function has been added to the Interlace Recording mode to reduce interlacing artifacts, such as moiré or jagged-edge phenomenon, which may occur.
- The aperture value displayed for reference on the screen will match the aperture value written on the outside of the lens.
*Please note that there will be no change in the actual aperture values before and after the firmware update.
For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camcorder’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
- Please use a commercially available
SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 188.8.131.52 is for updating VIXIA/LEGRIA GX10 cameras running firmware version 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11 If your
camcorder's firmware is already version 18.104.22.168, it is not necessary to update the
firmware. Once the camcorder is updated to the latest version, it cannot be
restored to a previous version.
Preparations for a firmware update
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading camcorder Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VNA3.FIM / file size: 30,081,056 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An XF405 or XF400 camcorder
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 -
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or
more (commercially available)
- An SD card
reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the
- A fully charged
battery pack for the camera
- Compact power
adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
If you have not already done so, please register the XF405 and XF400. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support|