Firmware Notice: EOS C700 GS PL: Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a yellow border appears along the edges of the footage when recording 4.2K RAW*1 to the CDX-36150*2.
- Optimizes the [Black Gamma] compensation when [Normal 1] to [Normal 4] is set for [Gamma] in the Custom Picture settings.
- Optimizes color accuracy in areas of high brightness when [Normal 1] to [Normal 4] is set for [Gamma] in the Custom Picture settings.
- When using the USER or an assignable button, the white balance setting will be maintained after the power has been turned off.
*1 This applies to cameras
equipped with Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 to 184.108.40.206.00.
*2 Codex Digital Recorder module.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 128MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C700 cameras running firmware version 18.104.22.168.00 – 22.214.171.124.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 126.96.36.199.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For customers who are using the optional OU-700 Remote Operation Unit, the firmware of the camera and the OU-700 Remote Operation Unit have to be the same. After updating the camera firmware, connect the camera with the OU-700 to update the firmware of the OU-700 from the camera's system settings.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu settings and Custom Picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and Custom Picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camera’s user manual titled Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VMB4.FIM, File Size: 113,875,844 bytes) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Please check the firmware update procedure manual carefully before starting update operations.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- A Cinema EOS C700GSPL camera body
- A computer (OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1 or Mac OS X 10.7-10.13).
- A 128 MB or higher-capacity SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (both commercially available)
- An SD card reader-writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot on the computer.
- Fully charged V-mount battery (commercially available), 14.8 V DC (acceptable range: 12 V to 20 V DC)
- Power adapter (commercially available, DC IN 12V terminal): 4-pin XLR plug (female connector), 12 V DC (acceptable range: 11.5 V to 20 V DC), 10 A (acceptable maximum load current)
- The firmware (the file downloaded from the Canon Web site)
If you have not already done so, please register your EOS C700 GS PL. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|