Service Notice: Remote shooting with Camera Connect App with camera running Firmware Version 1.1.1
Thank you for using Canon products.
A communication error has been discovered when using the EOS 7D Mark II running Firmware Version 1.1.1, which version was released on April 27, 2017, in combination with the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to customers, and we ask for your ongoing patience.
Remote shooting with the Camera Connect App is not possible after connecting the EOS 7D Mark II to a smartphone via the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.
EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Camera
Units that have been updated from Firmware Version 1.0.5 or earlier to Firmware Version 1.1.1
*This phenomenon will not occur if the camera meets either of the two conditions below:
- If the camera has been updated from Firmware Version 1.1.0 to Firmware Version 1.1.1.
- If the camera was already equipped with
Firmware Version 1.1.1 at the time of purchase.
We are currently making preparations to correct this phenomenon with the release of a firmware update in early June. In the meantime, please use the workaround method described below.
- Firmware Version 1.1.1 will no longer be available for download, and Firmware Version 1.1.0 will be made available for download again.Users whose camera is affected by this phenomenon are asked to download Firmware Version 1.1.0 and install Firmware Version 1.1.0 onto the camera. Download Firmware Version 1.1.0 from the Canon USA website.
- If you want the improvements and fixes provided in Firmware Version 1.1.1* applied to your camera, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region and make a request for your camera to be re-updated to Firmware Version 1.1.1.
*Improvements and fixes provided in Firmware Version 1.1.1:
- Enhances reliability of communications when transferring images using Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7A.
- Corrects the phenomenon of Err70 which occurs with certain combinations of settings.
- Corrects the very rare phenomenon in which the shutter can no longer be released.
- Enhances reliability of operations for specific custom function settings.
This information is for residents of the United
States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its
five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|