Firmware Notice: EOS-1D X: Firmware Version 2.0.7
Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 2.0.7 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes:
- Improves the AF controllability when shooting in Live View mode with a wide-angle lens (fixed focal length or zoom).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when shooting long exposures (several minutes), vertical lines appear on the right edge of captured images (still photos).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) may not perform as intended when in continuous shooting mode and where the shutter speed is longer than 1 second.
- Improves the reliability of the control mechanism for the Picture Style Auto setting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the electronic level indicator does not work correctly.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when using the “Save and read camera settings” function, the color space data that is selected in “Custom shooting mode (C1-C3)” is not saved.*1
- Corrects some incorrect indications on the “English” and “Russian” menu screens.
*1 As a result of this fix, cameras with Firmware Version 2.0.7 will not be able to read the “camera settings file” created with cameras running Firmware Version 2.0.3 (or earlier). If you require the “camera settings file”, please create it after updating to firmware version 2.0.7.
Firmware Version 2.0.7 is for cameras with Firmware Version 2.0.3 or earlier. If your camera's firmware is already Version 2.0.7, it is not necessary to update the firmware. The firmware update takes approximately seven minutes.
Notes: Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to Version 2.0.7, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Versions 1.0.2 through 2.0.3).
Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to firmware Version 2.0.7 from previous firmware version (Versions 1.0.2 through 1.2.4 and 2.0.3), it is recommended that the latest application software*1 be used. Certain previous versions of this application software do not support functions which are added by the new firmware. You can download the latest application software from our Web site.*1: EOS Utility version 2.14.10a or later (Supported OSes: Windows 8/ 7 / 7 SP1 / VistaSP2 / XP SP3, Mac OS X v10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7 / 10.6)*1: Digital Photo Professional version 3.14.46 or later (Supported OSes: Windows 8 / 7 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3, Mac OS X v10.6 / 10.7/ 10.8/ 10.9)
The instruction manual has been revised to accommodate the improvements and fixes provided as of firmware Version 2.0.3 or later.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register the EOS-1D X. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when service updates are available.
Thank you,Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|