Firmware Notice: EOS 7D: Firmware Update Version 2.0.5
EOS 7D Digital SLR
Firmware Version 2.0.5 incorporates the following fix:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the image files cannot be transferred using the FTP protocol via USB cable after the Canon EOS 7D camera has established a wireless connection to the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E5A.
Firmware Version 2.0.5 is for cameras with firmware version 2.0.3. If the camera's firmware is already Version 2.0.5, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to version 2.0.5, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- When the camera is updated to Firmware Version 2.0.5, the following settings will be automatically reset.
- Date/Time setting
- Lens peripheral illumination correction data registered to the camera
- The Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E5A must be running Firmware Version 1.0.7 in order to be used with the EOS 7D camera running Firmware Version 2.0.5.
- Some older versions of the applications listed below do not support functions that are added by the new firmware. In order to address compatibility issues, please download the latest versions of the applications (listed below) from our Web site. For the latest operating system requirement information please visit the Canon website.
EOS Utility Version 2.13.25 or later Supported OSes:
* Windows (XP SP3/Vista SP2/7/7 SP1/8), Mac OS X (v10.6.8/10.7/10.8)
Digital Photo Professional Version 3.13.45 or later
* Supported OSes: Windows (XP SP3/Vista SP2/7/7 SP1/8), Mac OS X (v10.6/10.7/10.8)
ImageBrowser EX Version 1.0.1 or later
* Supported OSes: Windows (XP SP3/Vista SP2/7/7 SP1/8/8.1), Mac OS X (v10.6.8/10.7/10.8)
Please download the most recent Instruction Manual if the firmware of your camera is being updated from firmware version 1.25 or earlier. The Instruction Manual has been revised accompanying the improvements and additions of functions provided in these previous firmware versions.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register your EOS-7D. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when future firmware updates become available for download. If you already registered, please ensure you are opted-in to receive the notification.
Thank you, Customer Support Operations Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Contact Information for Inquiries