Firmware Notice: VIXIA mini Firmware Version 220.127.116.11
Thank you for using Canon products.
Canon has released a firmware update for the Canon VIXIA mini Camcorder.
Canon VIXIA mini
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 incorporates the following improvements:
- Remote viewing function has been added when using the CameraAccess plus smartphone app, with the optional CT-V1 Camera Pan
*note: The CameraAccess plus app is available free of charge from the Apple App Store and Google Play. Information on how to use
the remote viewing function is available from the PIXELA Web site.
- Shortens the time between turning the camcorder on and being able to start recording.
- In order to prevent inadvertently switching to playback mode while recording, the following improvements have been made:
The playback button must be pressed for half a second or more in order to access the playback mode.
The playback button has now been disabled while the camcorder is in recording mode, in order to prevent inadvertently switching
- Quick access to the photo playback index screen, by holding down the playback button, has been added.
- Photo playback has been added to SP-V1 mode.
- In the Shooting Mode menu, the “Macro” option is now listed above “Auto” for improved ease of use.
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 is for camcorders with firmware Version 126.96.36.199. If the camcorder's firmware is already Version 188.8.131.52, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once you have updated your camcorder’s firmware, it cannot be downgraded to a previous version.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register the VIXIA mini. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when service updates are available.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support