EOS R6: Firmware Version 1.3.1
- Adds [IPB (Light)] to 4K to enable lower bit rate shooting.
- Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
- The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to "High-speed continuous shooting" to shoot still images continuously.
- Fixes a phenomenon that may corrupt the image displayed in the viewfinder.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
- Fixes a phenomenon, which users may have experienced after downloading Firmware Version 1.3.0, in which the camera may not function normally when the movie cropping function is enabled.
The Version 1.3.1 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.3.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.3.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware. When updating the firmware of your camera, please thoroughly review the instructions before you download the firmware.
Note: Accompanying the functional improvements described above, the instruction manual has also been revised. Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the updated instruction manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our website.The following software applications have also been updated together with the release of this firmware.
- Camera Connect 2.7.30
- EOS Utility 3.13.20
- Digital Photo Professional 4.14.0
- Canon RAW Plugin 2.2 for Final Cut Pro X
- Canon RAW Plugin 2.7 for Avid Media Access
Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and software applications.Q&As:
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: EOSR6131.FIR/file size: 47,446,784 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review the instructions to confirm your understanding of the firmware update procedures.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS R6. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.Thank you,
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON / 1-800-652-2666
Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support