Firmware Notice: EOS C700FF: Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00
1. Compatible with EF Cinema Lens CN 10 x 25 IAS S/E1.
- Peripheral illumination / chromatic aberration correction has been added.
- Enable autofocus with Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
- Added support for "Dual Pixel Focus Guide" feature.
- S&F icon has changed.
- REC color change from white to red.
- STBY color change from white to green.
- Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C700FF cameras running firmware version 126.96.36.199.00-188.8.131.52.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 184.108.40.206.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For customers who are using the optional OU-700 Remote Operation Unit, the firmware of the camera and the OU-700 Remote Operation Unit have to be the same. After updating the camera firmware, connect the camera with the OU-700 to update the firmware of the OU-700 from the camera's system settings.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use an commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or greater to performmore for the firmware update.
- After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu settings and Custom Picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that, prior to starting the firmware update operations, users save their menu and Custom Picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camera’s user manual titled “Saving and Loading Camera Settings.”
- The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VMI3.FIM, File Size: 115,048,668bytes) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Prior to starting the firmware update operations, please carefully review and confirm your understanding of check the firmware update procedures set forth in the manual carefully before starting update operations.
If you have not already done so, please register your EOS C700FF. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.Thank you,
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Phone: 1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free) / 1-855-246-3367
For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support