Firmware Notice: EOS C200 / EOS C200B: Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 incorporates the following fix:
a phenomenon in which the start time code is not correctly displayed when MP4
clips captured at 59.94P/50.00P frame rate are imported into NLE software.
* RAW clips are not affected.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C200 cameras running firmware version 18.104.22.168.00. If your camera's firmware is already version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations For A Firmware Update
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VNC1.FIM / file size: 36,928,128 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An EOS C200 or EOS C200B camera
requirements: Windows 10,
Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.11)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with
a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD
card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camera
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS C200/C200B. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: usa.canon.com/support|