Firmware Notice: EOS C300 Mark II / EOS C300 Mark II PL: Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements
CN-E70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is attached the following features are enabled:
- Autofocus using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF function.
- Dual Pixel Focus Guide function.
- The joystick on the camera’s grip unit can be set to operate the zoom.
- Manual control of the iris with Camera’s Control dial.
- Control of focus, zoom and iris using the separately-sold Remote Controller RC-V100.
- Automatic aperture and push auto iris functions.
- Start/stop recording on the lens grip.
- Retrieval of Lens metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance will display on the camera.
- Allows the position of waveform monitor to be changed on the display.
- Adds peripheral illumination/chromatic aberration correction for the following lenses:
- COMPACT-SERVO Lens
[CN-E70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S]
- EF Lens
[EF70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM], [F16-35mm f/2.8L III USM]
- COMPACT-SERVO Lens
- When [Face Only] is active, the icon will change from gray to white when a face is not detected.
- When the camera is turned off the IS mechanical lock will be active regardless of the position of the switch.
- Fixes the list of shutter speed on the display when using browser remote.
- You cannot perform the firmware
update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory
card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C300 Mark II cameras running firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 - 18.104.22.168.00. If your camera's firmware is already version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C300 Mark II PL. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: pro.usa.canon.com/support|